Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away prices

marple whites

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 22/06/2022 at 12:47, gaztruman said:

BWFC should lead by example and only charge away fans £20. I remember we did something one year where we agreed with a couple of teams to charge the same amount as they charged us. 

Reading have done it this year contacted all champ clubs offering a reciprocal £20 charge for games .

Allocations / attendances are a one way street in this league. There are a few who will bring a few (who the £20s plenty could work for between themselves) but the rest are shite 

the ones who are shite know we are in the former group rather than the latter so will charge us accordingly (more than £20) 

however if we were to charge them £20 they would still only bring a few hundred  so it doesn’t benefit us 

Twenty is plenty, of course, but I'm not a subscriber to the view that ticket prices really deter fans from travelling away.

It was £26 at Cheltenham last season, we took a healthy number, but would we have taken 30% more at £20, I doubt it.

£6 isn't anything in the grand scheme of an awayday. It's not much more than a pint if you're lucky. People who say they're not going because of the £6 are liars. Oh, aye, they'll pay for the train, buy food and ale, shove £40 of shite up their nose, but not pay £26 for a match ticket?

We need a reduction in prices for transport, food, ale and drugs really.

32 minutes ago, Traf said:

Twenty is plenty, of course, but I'm not a subscriber to the view that ticket prices really deter fans from travelling away.

It was £26 at Cheltenham last season, we took a healthy number, but would we have taken 30% more at £20, I doubt it.

£6 isn't anything in the grand scheme of an awayday. It's not much more than a pint if you're lucky. People who say they're not going because of the £6 are liars. Oh, aye, they'll pay for the train, buy food and ale, shove £40 of shite up their nose, but not pay £26 for a match ticket?

We need a reduction in prices for transport, food, ale and drugs really.

Agreed - different in the PL where ticket prices can be around £50, 

32 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Agreed - different in the PL where ticket prices can be around £50, 

Tbf that’s where BWFC did well in the past with the free coach travel etc

Travel costs are by far the bigger issue really. Would love us to get a deal with Avanti like PNE and Carlisle did. Waiting for City fans to have discount on their fuel. 

• Site Supporter

Brizzle Rovers have announced their prices.

The range is from CatC £15 (seated) £10 (standing), Cat B £25/£22 and Cat A £30/£25

Burton, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Accrington & Cambridge all Cat C 

Sheff We’d, Barnsley, Ipswich, MK Dons, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Port Vale, Peterbro’, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, FGR all Cat B

Bolton, Derby, Portsmouth, Charlton, Exeter, Plymouth, Oxford all Cat A

I’m surprised Sheff Wed, Barnsley and (given local derby, FGR aren’t all Cat A games.

Hope now they’ve shown their hand we don’t make their visit a tenner.

Reciprocal arrangements I cant see anything wrong with. We used to do it with Blackburn I think couple of times Prem?  Helped that it was local and similar size support 

Wonder if that bloke at Accrington who went on a rant about I player would do it? 2- 3,000 Bolton fans price capped and we will let the 20 or 30 Stanley fans in at our place for same? Thought not.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’m surprised Sheff Wed, Barnsley and (given local derby, FGR aren’t all Cat A games.

Sheff Weds is a midweek game, FGR is opening day and FGR have no fans, Barnsley not sure, but they're not massive travellers.

Rovers also took back the away terrace for home fans when they started building momentum last year. Only those tented seats behind the net for away fans. They’ve also sold out their allocation of ST’s for the first time in years for this season so majority of away teams will have the seats only @ £30. 

assume they will give the terrace back for larger followings but if they’re also doing well it’ll be a very small allocation in those seats only 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Rovers also took back the away terrace for home fans when they started building momentum last year. Only those tented seats behind the net for away fans. They’ve also sold out their allocation of ST’s for the first time in years for this season so majority of away teams will have the seats only @ £30. 

assume they will give the terrace back for larger followings but if they’re also doing well it’ll be a very small allocation in those seats only 

last game of the season for us, isnt it

good job we will be promoted by march

8 hours ago, MickyD said:

The range is from CatC £15 (seated) £10 (standing), Cat B £25/£22 and Cat A £30/£25

Burton, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Accrington & Cambridge all Cat C 

Sheff We’d, Barnsley, Ipswich, MK Dons, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Port Vale, Peterbro’, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, FGR all Cat B

Bolton, Derby, Portsmouth, Charlton, Exeter, Plymouth, Oxford all Cat A

Hope now they’ve shown their hand we don’t make their visit a tenner.

Sheff Wed and Ipswich are night matches, could be a policy not to have Cat A midweek whoever the opposition. For me all night matches especially in the winter months should be as cheap as possible, to compete with i-Follow etc.

Our's being last game of season probably a factor, they know it will sell out whatever they charge.

FGR being a local derby is probably about as relevant to them as Fleetwood or Accy to us, I'm guessing it will hardly register.

5 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Just seen the matchday prices for west ham v citeh.   £75 - £105 !    Who makes this shit up

I always assume London prices for games against the Big 6 where a sell out is guaranteed, are targeting the tourists.  Most WHU and Fulham fans that go will get S/Ts, and away fans are capped at £30.  Much of the matchday sales will go to foreigners etc who may or may not support one of the teams.  I could be completely wrong!

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I always assume London prices for games against the Big 6 where a sell out is guaranteed, are targeting the tourists.  Most WHU and Fulham fans that go will get S/Ts, and away fans are capped at £30.  Much of the matchday sales will go to foreigners etc who may or may not support one of the teams.  I could be completely wrong!

Sounds about right to me