Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers abroad

bolty58

12 hours ago, bolty58 said:

What's bugging me is who I knew (other than your good self) who also knew them. SW, the LA White for one. Think another may have been the son of a former club secretary. Not asked him yet.

There were a few of us who latched onto the remnants of ‘Warbies’. LA White will remember most. Don Walsh was one of many who have now left us. Had a drink with them after our last home match.

Sent you a pm pal.

Edited by BobyBrno

7 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

There were a few of us who latched onto the remnants of ‘Warbies’. LA White will remember most. Don Walsh was one of many who have now left us. Had a drink with them after our last home match. 👍

Sad that the warbys lads dwindling in number I was to young to know who they were but was always aware of this seemingly mythical group of Wanderers fans from a generation below me. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sad that the warbys lads dwindling in number I was to young to know who they were but was always aware of this seemingly mythical group of Wanderers fans from a generation below me. 

My Dad used to tell me they'd all work Saturday morning and bowl down manny road as one.

He was in a rival mob from Platt International :D

Edited by gonzo

• Members
6 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

There were a few of us who latched onto the remnants of ‘Warbies’. LA White will remember most. Don Walsh was one of many who have now left us. Had a drink with them after our last home match.

Sent you a pm pal.

Didn't get the PM mate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
3 hours ago, embankment said:

Does having breakfast with 

MR Whitt count . !!!

Reserved us a seat in the Joey Holts Bar !!

Mrs Embankment, " nice chap !'

That will change if he ever gets near her laundry basket :D

On 13/06/2022 at 17:46, gonzo said:

Bolton Holidays in Tenerife was great for spot the Bolton Shirt.

Mad to think, we'd bowl over to anyone and vise versa and strike up a conversation at the first sign of Bolton. Supermarkets, bars or just in street would always stop and talk. 

Some are still friends to this day we met out there.

Something bigger club fans would never get.

Once rocked up to say hello to Mongy (famous for his mob the Cuckoo Boys) in a karaoke bar in Lanzarote. Was a bit surreal I have to say.