Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Premier League Top 6 Prediction

Mantra

Title says it all really. How do you think the top 6 will play out next season?

Lots of changes happening - UNITED - getting Ten Haag. CHELSEA - takeover. SPURS - have Conte in first full season with £150m war-chest, CITY - have a striker now in Haaland. LIVERPOOL - big money signing in Nunez. ARSENAL - Europa League fixture congestion. Also worth mentioning NEWCASTLE - Don't think they're ready to break into top 6 yet but wonder how much money they will throw at it this summer.

Personally I think Chelsea are in for a rough season. Spurs will do really well under Conte. City will storm it. Liverpool will fall away slightly.

1. City

2. Spurs

3. Liverpool

4. United

5. Chelsea

6. Arsenal

Edited by Mantra

ooh, ooh... "I dont give a fuck about any other club other than bolton, love me."

pathetic

fa5fef19-404c-4bbd-8217-3087ff88ca9d_tex

Should've seen that response coming. Humour me you boring bastards, there's feck all else to talk about while all is quiet on the Bolton front.

Don't pretend that you have absolutely zero interest in the national sport. Maybe you don't give a fuck about the PL clubs compared to how Bolton... well guess what... me neither. Doesn't mean you can't feckin discuss it.

CUNTS.

(I am playing up to it before you think I am genuinely pissed off)

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Spurs deffo gonna be a force.

City

Liv

Spurs 

Chelsea

Arsenal 

Newcastle

hahaha would be class if Newcastle made the top 6 and utd turn out to be just as shit under ten haag if not worse.

fwiw I think he'll get them back on track again but, pool and city are nailed on for top 4, spurs as you say should be a force, so leaves only one more spot for Chels,Arse,Utd,Newcastle. 

13 minutes ago, Mantra said:

ooh, ooh... "I dont give a fuck about any other club other than bolton, love me."

pathetic

fa5fef19-404c-4bbd-8217-3087ff88ca9d_tex

Should've seen that response coming. Humour me you boring bastards, there's feck all else to talk about while all is quiet on the Bolton front.

Don't pretend that you have absolutely zero interest in the national sport. Maybe you don't give a fuck about the PL clubs compared to how Bolton... well guess what... me neither. Doesn't mean you can't feckin discuss it.

CUNTS.

(I am playing up to it before you think I am genuinely pissed off)

Sorry. Wasnt aware we were here purely to humour you.

Don't think Ive watched more than 5 complete PL games in the last 10 years, may watch the occasional 10 mins here and there. No sure I know of all the England squad players.

I think, like many, I've gone past the point of caring too much about other teams.

So. I'll play along.

The top six will comprise of six teams, five of which will have spent more on wages next season than Bolton have in transfer fees in their history, and another, Lets say West Ham next year. They will finish in an order that will unlikely be alphabetical. The winners will likely be Northern based, and wear either red or blue.

On 13/06/2022 at 18:16, ZiggyStardust said:

Sorry. Wasnt aware we were here purely to humour you.

Don't think Ive watched more than 5 complete PL games in the last 10 years, may watch the occasional 10 mins here and there. No sure I know of all the England squad players.

I think, like many, I've gone past the point of caring too much about other teams.

So. I'll play along.

The top six will comprise of six teams, five of which will have spent more on wages next season than Bolton have in transfer fees in their history, and another, Lets say West Ham next year. They will finish in an order that will unlikely be alphabetical. The winners will likely be Northern based, and wear either red or blue.

This is where I am at.

I work for a m,cr office  

Out of 24 guys , there are only 2 who has season tickets ( aussie has a city one). The rest are all avid City , and red Bastards from their armchairs . They all rhyme off numerous international players who are supposed to have signed or might be . And I don't have a clue about 94% of them. Yesterday they were discussing how crap England  have been recently,  I did try to explain its a meaningless  replacement competition for friendlys and haven't watched 1 second of it.

Back to my original point , I follow BWFC , I know our current opponents in League One , take an interest in the Championship and League 2 .

But know very little about Current elite footballers around Europe or the Premier League. 

Does this mean I am a Bolton fan rather than a fan of football ?

No I don't think so .

Must admit things get agitated sometimes when I ask why they don't bother going to games . " we are younger than you , have got young families etc "  My response to that is " bollocks,  I've watched Bolton from the terraces all my adult life ,as I have gone through everything life chucks at you "

So top six in the Premier League next season.

What do I think .

City - money is king( spent sensibly,  with a good coach)

Red scousers

Then ,  Arsenal , Spurs , Chelsea .

Hope the great revival is along way off and the red side of mc,r finish 6th or 7th . That way I get to fast forward MOTD to watch them lose whilst sat in bed on Sunday mornings recovering from watching My Team from the stands & terraces of numerous football grounds next season. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Not too many backing Newcastle for top 6 yet with their squintillions of pounds.

As much as players love chasing the coin, the first few years of new money City showed they need to offer a bit more than that. If they can win a pot (at last) and challenge for the top seven then most sane people  would consider that to be huge progress. Of course in reality anything less than the quadruple will have that deluded lot chucking themselves in to the Tyne. 

City should smash it this season the addition of a proper striker puts them as clear favourites for me.

Liverpool will keep it close.

Chelsea will be much like this season off the pace of the title race but comfortable above 4th place.

Arsenal in 4th, spurs 5th,  manyoo 6th, toon 7th.

Fulham, Bournemouth and Everton to go down.

City & the wall pushers top 2.

Dozens of dodgy decisions will go their way, all "mistakes" of course, with apologies after the games.

Massive gap

Then all the rest.

Rigged....the big 6 are even having reduced fixtures on the run up to the Word Cup, unreal.

I don't think City win it by more than 10pts, but they'll win it.
They'll generally win most of their games and will win/draw v Liverpool, who'll also win most of their other games.

It'll be closer than 10pts, but a fair old gap back to 3rd.

United will be closer to the relegation zone, points wise, than they'll be to the winners.