Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Premier League Top 6 Prediction

Mantra

I think seeing City, Liverpool and Spurs doing their business early and being organised tells you who the top 3 will be this season.

Honestly expecting big things from Spurs. Conte is a world class manager. Up there with Pep and Klopp for me. He's got Kane and Son in their absolute prime and the second season is usually Conte's best. Already showed this season that they can beat the likes of City and draw to Liverpool at Anfield. It's those games against the Burnleys or out of form teams that they always seem to fuck it up on. Thing Conte will have them regimented and not take any shit this season. 

United got a lot of shit to sort out. Still no transfers sorted despite being linked with every player under the sun. Chelsea also lots to sort out with the squad and Tuchel seems to be faltering slightly. Arsenal got a good project going on but seem to have the weakest squad from the top 6.

Think Forest, Leeds and Bournemouth will go down or be very close to it.

Interested to see how Newcastle build on their progress. After the incredible turnaround Howe has done with a bunch of players that aren't top 6 material, I think they'll find it difficult to match the form they reached at the end of the season just gone. They had win percentages up there with City and Liverpool I believe for 2022 so I don't think that's sustainable with the current squad. Depends how much money they throw at it though. Bruno Guimares, St Maximin and Tripper are top players for them, but the rest are all replaceable. 

Edited by Mantra

On 13/06/2022 at 17:55, Mantra said:

ooh, ooh... "I dont give a fuck about any other club other than bolton, love me."

pathetic

fa5fef19-404c-4bbd-8217-3087ff88ca9d_tex

Should've seen that response coming. Humour me you boring bastards, there's feck all else to talk about while all is quiet on the Bolton front.

Don't pretend that you have absolutely zero interest in the national sport. Maybe you don't give a fuck about the PL clubs compared to how Bolton... well guess what... me neither. Doesn't mean you can't feckin discuss it.

CUNTS.

(I am playing up to it before you think I am genuinely pissed off)

I know that you’re playing at it but I couldn’t give a shiny shite about the Prem. Couldn’t care one jot

Reckon I watched about 5/6 Liverpool games last seasons because they just played their own game and played forward. Watched City when the FiL came here to watch them but it’s depressing watching the most skilful team playing tippy tappy possession against teams parking the bus trying not to lose 

Its shite. Two teams with a chance to win. Few more with a chance to get in the top 4 and the rest playing not to lose and retain their place in the Prem. Just shite. Prem is heading the way of La Liga. Great skill on show but who in reality has a chance of winning owt?

57 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I know that you’re playing at it but I couldn’t give a shiny shite about the Prem. Couldn’t care one jot

Reckon I watched about 5/6 Liverpool games last seasons because they just played their own game and played forward. Watched City when the FiL came here to watch them but it’s depressing watching the most skilful team playing tippy tappy possession against teams parking the bus trying not to lose 

Its shite. Two teams with a chance to win. Few more with a chance to get in the top 4 and the rest playing not to lose and retain their place in the Prem. Just shite. Prem is heading the way of La Liga. Great skill on show but who in reality has a chance of winning owt?

Nah I get it, that people aren't arsed about other teams and especially watching PL games and I agree to an extent. However, the quality is unreal compared to League One so it's nice to watch it for that reason. But yes, watching City play against Norwich and be 5-0 up isn't exciting.

I always like watching the big games when I can. North London Derby, Manchester Derby, etc. Not arsed at all about West Ham vs Brentford or similar level games. To me they're the same as other L1 or Championship games. 

I like seeing how the eras develop though. Now we're in the City-Liverpool era, but 10 years ago saying that would have been laughable. It's fun seeing United being shit, and that Leicester title season was incredible. So it's not all boring boring and there's always surprise results every season with some of the Big 6, even if every year it's always the same thing rehashed in different forms, as Ziggy was intimating. 

However, ultimately, the Prem is the promised land for a lot of teams, so we would all care more if we were in it, as we'd have our chance at upsetting those Big 6, even if in the grand scheme of things it a means very little. Watching Brentford beat Arsenal on the opening fixture last season was quite magic, even though I couldn't give a shite about either club for the most part.

But anyway - I get why fans of clubs outside the Prem feel a disconnect from it. It's become so mainstream and megabucks that it's hard to relate to, but I still enjoy keeping up with it, as I'm a Bolton fan but also a fan of football. Not everyone is going to be the same.

I was only playing up to it cause I was trying to have a bit of discussion to see what people thought as the BWFC news was pretty dry, but forgot that there'd be the classic 'don't give a fuck' joke. And when the first 3 or 4 comments were like that, I felt a bit of a nob asking the question in the first place. 😂

Shouldn't have to explain yourself pal. Folk just like to be contary and pretend they are cool for the prem. All the cool kids watch Italian 2nd division stuff where theres 3 old blokes and a donkey stood behind the nets. 

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

Nah I get it, that people aren't arsed about other teams and especially watching PL games and I agree to an extent. However, the quality is unreal compared to League One so it's nice to watch it for that reason. But yes, watching City play against Norwich and be 5-0 up isn't exciting.

I always like watching the big games when I can. North London Derby, Manchester Derby, etc. Not arsed at all about West Ham vs Brentford or similar level games. To me they're the same as other L1 or Championship games. 

I like seeing how the eras develop though. Now we're in the City-Liverpool era, but 10 years ago saying that would have been laughable. It's fun seeing United being shit, and that Leicester title season was incredible. So it's not all boring boring and there's always surprise results every season with some of the Big 6, even if every year it's always the same thing rehashed in different forms, as Ziggy was intimating. 

However, ultimately, the Prem is the promised land for a lot of teams, so we would all care more if we were in it, as we'd have our chance at upsetting those Big 6, even if in the grand scheme of things it a means very little. Watching Brentford beat Arsenal on the opening fixture last season was quite magic, even though I couldn't give a shite about either club for the most part.

But anyway - I get why fans of clubs outside the Prem feel a disconnect from it. It's become so mainstream and megabucks that it's hard to relate to, but I still enjoy keeping up with it, as I'm a Bolton fan but also a fan of football. Not everyone is going to be the same.

I was only playing up to it cause I was trying to have a bit of discussion to see what people thought as the BWFC news was pretty dry, but forgot that there'd be the classic 'don't give a fuck' joke. And when the first 3 or 4 comments were like that, I felt a bit of a nob asking the question in the first place. 😂

No problem at all with what you’re saying pal

I’m one of those completely and utterly disconnected with the Prem. No interest at all. If I’m honest I was more interested in whether Forest would get promoted than whether City or Liverpool win the Prem

But therein lies another problem. Hello to the next Norwich and Fulham. Another club happy to take the money and bounce up and down between the top two leagues. What’s the point?

Sadly, until another Leicester make it interesting at the top or a really “big” club go down a lot of folk aren’t interested. Which is a shame. 

6 hours ago, Mantra said:

I think seeing City, Liverpool and Spurs doing their business early and being organised tells you who the top 3 will be this season.

Honestly expecting big things from Spurs. Conte is a world class manager. Up there with Pep and Klopp for me. He's got Kane and Son in their absolute prime and the second season is usually Conte's best. Already showed this season that they can beat the likes of City and draw to Liverpool at Anfield. It's those games against the Burnleys or out of form teams that they always seem to fuck it up on. Thing Conte will have them regimented and not take any shit this season. 

United got a lot of shit to sort out. Still no transfers sorted despite being linked with every player under the sun. Chelsea also lots to sort out with the squad and Tuchel seems to be faltering slightly. Arsenal got a good project going on but seem to have the weakest squad from the top 6.

Think Forest, Leeds and Bournemouth will go down or be very close to it.

Interested to see how Newcastle build on their progress. After the incredible turnaround Howe has done with a bunch of players that aren't top 6 material, I think they'll find it difficult to match the form they reached at the end of the season just gone. They had win percentages up there with City and Liverpool I believe for 2022 so I don't think that's sustainable with the current squad. Depends how much money they throw at it though. Bruno Guimares, St Maximin and Tripper are top players for them, but the rest are all replaceable. 

Agree about Conté, can't believe Spurs got him. I also dont understand why Man United didnt go for him. He'll get more to spend at the latter too. 

The only question mark I guess is he will just fuck off if he's not getting what he wants. Levy at Spurs is hardly submissive either.