£100 e/w on us at 14/1 for the title

£100 on promotion at 4/1

£200 on top 6 at 5/2

so long as we finish top 6 I'm at least even

if not, I've fucked it

Too 6 and you are £200 up 

3 hours ago, 1969 said:

Just put £5e/w on Bolton, Bradford &Burnley over 9k if it comes in

Just looked at league 2 and it's hard to pick. Don't fancy any of the relegated teams. Tranmere at 16/1 and I've gone Watford 7/1. Those with Us is 2,039/1. 

Add Man City for 3,204/1

3 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Just looked at league 2 and it's hard to pick. Don't fancy any of the relegated teams. Tranmere at 16/1 and I've gone Watford 7/1. Those with Us is 2,039/1. 

Add Man City for 3,204/1

I'd struggle to want Tranmere to win, but then bookies send taxis round for me because i bet with my heart not my head.

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not done my usual ‘tenner on everything’ bets yet but got a new pledge to invest any free bets, free spins winnings etc in to BWFC promotion bets

I like that. I tend to have a £5 free bet per week with the Skybet club thing, I think I’ll chuck that on us to be promoted each week. Should end up a half decent pot by the end of the year

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I like that. I tend to have a £5 free bet per week with the Skybet club thing, I think I’ll chuck that on us to be promoted each week. Should end up a half decent pot by the end of the year

Looking at our start... Stick it on after 6 games

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Looking at our start... Stick it on after 6 games

Oh ye of little faith. I might have to switch to backing us to win it, rather than promotion, by that stage as we’re sitting top of the league after beating all the bookies’ favourites.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

We have reached League One, traditionally the most volatile Division from the betting angle in England. For the last four seasons the eventual winners were priced at 12/1, 14/1, 28/1 and 17/1 at the off. For each of those years, Sunderland kicked off as the favourites here, but they finally only won promotion through the back door of the play offs back in the Spring. Over the past ten seasons, the antepost favourite has only been Champions twice and on just one other occasion have they been in the top 3. Ex-Premier League clubs can bounce around down here for yonks. Leeds did that and now we have Ipswich. Sheffield Weds head the market this time, ahead of Ipswich and Derby. Both the Rams and the Owls have massively overhauled their squads so who knows if the new blends will work? It’s interesting that not one of the three clubs who had the best second half of the campaign – MK Dons (50 points), Sheff Weds (48) and Bolton (47 – with 43 the next highest)  – won promotion. MKD have shed a couple of key players, but Bolton, like Mansfield whom we tipped yesterday, were serious climbers through the second half of the season. They too of course are a big, ex-PL club who will attract big crowds if they go on a run. There has not been too much upheaval in the squad with some interesting acquisitions, so at 14/1, the sort of price that has recently performed well at this level, they have some appeal.

So do Portsmouth. Five of their seven recruits are from Championship or Premier League clubs. Scoring less than a goal-a-game on their travels was their Achilles heel last term, but only three teams scored more at home.

Both the teams I have highlighted should manage a top six finish, so we’ll use bets in that market with a view to covering the stakes in the more ambitious one.

Stake 4 points on BOLTON (at 13/8 Betway) and 5 points on PORTSMOUTH (at 17/10 a few) to finish in the top six of League One.

Stake 2 points e/w on BOLTON to win League One at 14/1 with a few.

Stake 2 points e/w on PORTSMOUTH to win League One at 16/1 with Hills or Bet365.

38 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As a small-time gambler, can you explain what a point is? How does it transfer to pounds?

A point is your staking unit, so it is the same as a pound of you bet relatively low, if you bet big it could be £100.

People used to say ' you would be £100k up if followed every tip and staked £1m on each'

The idea is that by using points you see how successful the tips are. So if he says 5 points up, it means £5 if you are betting in units of £1 or £500 if your unit stake is £100 

Edited by Ani

Just now, emus wig said:

The same but because I’m a chicken shit gambler I do it each way 😐

And I thought I was a chicken!

Got a whole £14 riding on England on Sunday (my winnings from them winning the other night)

And a free £10 bet on us beating Ipswich as my bet365 account wasn't working to signed up to Sky.

Both come in and wooo hooo! That's our tickets to the Beamish and Bowes Museum this summer taken care of 😁