Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Seasons Fixtures

gonzo

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Been thinking this week, at what point do you think the clubs/staff/players find out the fixtures? Do you think they've been known internally a week or two by now or do the majority of the people at clubs find out when we do?

No way - would have been leaked by somebody at some club

Used to think it was best to avoid promoted teams early on as they were still on a roll, but now the gulf between leagues has grown, i'd like them early, before they've adapted to the higher standard.

First away......i hope it's one with a big allocation, Sheffield, Derby, Barnsley maybe, but not Milton bastard Keynes.

Quite giddy about it all, i'm optimistic we'll challenge for a top 6 place.....is it the league cup draw as well ?

3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Used to think it was best to avoid promoted teams early on as they were still on a roll, but now the gulf between leagues has grown, i'd like them early, before they've adapted to the higher standard.

First away......i hope it's one with a big allocation, Sheffield, Derby, Barnsley maybe, but not Milton bastard Keynes.

Quite giddy about it all, i'm optimistic we'll challenge for a top 6 place.....is it the league cup draw as well ?

Yeah fixtures 9am, final Pizza cup draw at 11.30 and Carabao at 14.30.

I don't have many specific fixture wishes, Charlton away on a Saturday would be great, nothing daft over Christmas, a really great first and last away.

And a home game during the food festival I like combining a game with coming back into town when it's busy and buzzing. Plus True Order are playing one of the nights and they're ace.

27 minutes ago, marple whites said:

My thoughts too. I guess clubs submit their preferences and wish lists and then see what comes up maybe with an hour or so to look over them before they're published

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I guess clubs submit their preferences and wish lists and then see what comes up maybe with an hour or so to look over them before they're published

There are registered 'avoids' which are fed into the planning. So ... easy example ... cities with 2 clubs are never both at home on the same day/weekend. 

After that they plan 'derby weeks' where you'll find lots of them, try to avoid stupidly long trips over Christmas & Easter.

What specifics, like Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays for eg are down to the home club (in consultation with the police).

The embargoed fixture list for any specific club will be given to club & media tonight. Bolton will only get Bolton's etc. Not the full list of that division. They & the press are under instruction not to communicate it till the EFL releases them at 9am.

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Been thinking this week, at what point do you think the clubs/staff/players find out the fixtures? Do you think they've been known internally a week or two by now or do the majority of the people at clubs find out when we do?

10 hours ago, marple whites said:

Each club gets the draft fixtures about two weeks prior to announcement just so any double bookings etc can be ironed out but they only get the final draft about 24 hours beforehand so that they can prepare the graphics. Quite drastic fines for any leaks.