Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

White Love Fanzine Returns… Online

Smiley

19 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

i'm always in spain but love watching us on i player !

I have 3 season tickets and still did 25 games last season despite spending 3-4 months in Spain started watching regularly in 74,  missed only  one home  game from 74 until late 90s, went to every euro game away except 1, think I’ve paid my dues. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I have 3 season tickets and still did 25 games last season despite spending 3-4 months in Spain started watching regularly in 74,  missed only  one home  game from 74 until late 90s, went to every euro game away except 1, think I’ve paid my dues. 

=@😄

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That's impressive 👏 

Out of interest, which was the home game you missed? 

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Missed a few home games did quite a few aways. 

Sorry, I meant the 1 home game you missed between 1974 and the late 90s.  I was hoping for your sake it wasn't Man U in 78, Walsall  or Plymouth in the 80s!

4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Sorry, I meant the 1 home game you missed between 1974 and the late 90s.  I was hoping for your sake it wasn't Man U in 78, Walsall  or Plymouth in the 80s!

Hull city. Was a bit of a boycott by some fans at the lack of ambition by the club, think there was a demo on the club car park at the previous game haven’t a clue what year it was. Someone might remember. I was at the 3 you mentioned. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hull city. Was a bit of a boycott by some fans at the lack of ambition by the club, think there was a demo on the club car park at the previous game haven’t a clue what year it was. Someone might remember. I was at the 3 you mentioned. 

I remember it, think we won 1-0. Late 80's from memory, probably 88/89 season

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I checked when we played Hull in that period: each year 1975 to 1978 - can't imagine any protests in that exciting period; 83-84 and 84-85, 2 of our doldrum years when there may have been some disquiet but I don't recall anything and went to both games (both 0-0!) then 91-92 and 92-93, surely none then as I think that's when we turned the corner.  

The only league game I've missed at the new stadium was against Sheff Utd under Allardyce when we'd qualified for play offs and it was a dead rubber.  Gave my ticket to someone who hadn't been to the new stadium, regretted it ever since.

13 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

The one I mentioned above was December 1991 so that was probably a poor crowd due to the date rather than protest.

Whatever date it was I ended up going to Blackburn at the last minute with some lads from the pub who were Man U fans. Didn’t get in as I didn’t have a ticket just went for a beer and day out. 

• The topic was pinned
12 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

I missed the Walsall at home, was in Ibiza with the then girlfriend ( no more i hasten to add!) Spoiled my week, although we had won 8-1!