Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

White Love Fanzine Returns… Online

Smiley

On 16/07/2022 at 11:40, Biggish Dave said:

Number of times I must have been on the same Howcroft coach as Smiley or in the same boozer is amazing.

Ive got so many similar memories. About to start on the bad chapter

Spurs away was messy!!!

On 15/07/2022 at 21:39, Judge Fudge said:

Pretty sure I bought every issue of every fanzine from Trotters Revival (in Balmoral late 80s), HWGA( Tony Coffey?), White Love and it’s other names and one by a lad from Farnworth (Chris Mcglinn?…decent footballer in his day)

Ex missus binned them all.

Gonna have to buy all the old copies…loved reading them.

Not related to Bolton fanzines but remember reading an issue of Red Issue where the author spoke about a Bolton V Stoke match he attended early 90s and said the violence was akin the the chaos he experienced at Old Trafford during the 70’s

Fire me a PM or email smiley@whitelovefanzine.co.uk - see what I can do with the back issues. HWGA! was Howard Worgan. Think Tony did Normid Nomad. Chris McGlynn and Gary Parkinson did Tripe n Trotters.

On 16/07/2022 at 11:43, Cheese said:

Can’t fault the review. Humbled.

Just fulfilling yesterday’s and today’s orders. Big post office drop in the morning. So anyone wanting to have it delivered for Tuesday - jump on the site and press the big button that says BUY!

www.whitelove.co.uk/book

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Spurs away was messy!!!

Remember going to Spurs late 70s or early 80s. The walk from station was fun, hoping you didn’t get hit by an air rifle pellet from the high-rises.

Took football violence to a whole new level, trying to walk with your eyes covered by your hands.

16 hours ago, Smiley said:

Can’t fault the review. Humbled.

Just fulfilling yesterday’s and today’s orders. Big post office drop in the morning. So anyone wanting to have it delivered for Tuesday - jump on the site and press the big button that says BUY!

www.whitelove.co.uk/book

Fantastic read , so many memories flooding back

On 18/07/2022 at 12:09, embankment said:

Fantastic read , so many memories flooding back

Cheers pal.

Hope it inspires folk to write some new stories about previous games, travelling to matches, their love for the Wanderers, etc.

I’m off to the post office again first thing tomorrow morning…. If I don’t get stuck to the tarmac on the way there. So any last minute orders, get them in tonight and your shiny new book will be delivered by Thursday. Ta.

www.whitelove.co.uk/shop

www.whitelove.co.uk/book

Also, having quite a few enquiries for back issues of fanzines, stock levels are starting to drop. Also got a good few COFTW and HWGA! I can let go as well.

• Site Supporter

Just finished the ugly section. Fair to say my old man knew which games to avoid in the early 80’s. Not many of them major battles were fit for a lad younger than 10.

unfortunately, he did seem to have a sixth sense for taking me to the vast majority of the bad

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Just finished the ugly section. Fair to say my old man knew which games to avoid in the early 80’s. Not many of them major battles were fit for a lad younger than 10.

unfortunately, he did seem to have a sixth sense for taking me to the vast majority of the bad

To use you as a human shield?

On 23/07/2022 at 09:42, Biggish Dave said:

The bad outweighed the good by far. Every week was pretty shit. But it made the wins all the more enjoyable. And sometimes the draws!

Just been reading up about Dinamo Kiev (Kvyv - however they are spelling it now!). Got some Putin chants aimed at them by the Fenerbahce lot in Europe last night. Not going down too well with the authorities. Funnily enough, there’s an article online about the Kiev team of old, most of whom actually made up the majority of the USSR national team. Funny how allegiances and all that start to waiver. Written by a Wanderers fan with Ukrainian heritage. 

https://www.whitelove.co.uk/july2022new/ukraine-1

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That's just reminded me what I'm having for me tea tonight.

Chicken Kiev?

I had it in the "original" Chiken Kyiv restaurant three years ago, when I went to Ukraine for my summer holiday.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Smiley said:

Got some new stuff due to drop on the White Love site over the coming days… but for now, ahead of the season opener at Portman Road, here’s a fresh piece about some of our memorable games with the Tractor Boys.

https://www.whitelove.co.uk/july2022new

looking for your next holiday,  click on the banner ,  GS  travel , supporting white love. 

Edited by victor meldrew