Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Red Arrows

Traf

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

And this tonight also, that will make Facebook explode with messages warning that Russia is attacking.

Surely every man in the country now points to any plane in the sky and declares the Russians are here...

45 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

And this tonight also, that will make Facebook explode with messages warning that Russia is attacking.

Hope nobody has a penalty at 1952, might take a plane out

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Do they often take off from Warton then?

Love a fast jet me.

They build them there so they’re out being tested most weekdays.

they fly low enough to probably give most of the residents a connery

47 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I am being thick, help me please?

I assumed it was a 1958 reference.

2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Mainly Friday if you wanna catch one, very loud.

Fridays are often "unrestricted takeoff" days where they're allowed to give it full beans and do a vertical takeoff... and be finished for the day by 12!

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Fridays are often "unrestricted takeoff" days where they're allowed to give it full beans and do a vertical takeoff... and be finished for the day by 12!

Cool.

We used to go to a caravan very near there but that was like 25 years ago, think that Euro-Fighter was being tested at the time, the whole place used to shake, car alarms would go off.

Loved it.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Whoever told you that is talking bollocks mate. They have to go vertical on Flight Acceptance tests to get as much altitude as possible incase anything goes wrong. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Whoever told you that is talking bollocks mate. They have to go vertical on Flight Acceptance tests to get as much altitude as possible incase anything goes wrong. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is.

Are you mixing up Vertical Take Off with take off then accelerate upwards to climb? 

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Only going off what happens at Lakenheath on Fridays, I've no knowledge of what Warton do.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

And in any case, @Marc505 seems something of an expert on the topic of planes used in defence. I’ll stick with his expertise, ta.

Oh cheese is definitely the expert on that, I'm just a fan

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Only going off what happens at Lakenheath on Fridays, I've no knowledge of what Warton do.

Ah sorry mate, thought you were referring to Warton activities.