Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Lionesses

gonzo

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Yeah no denying it's a great achievement for the women's game...  And I'm watching bits of it but I dunno its just not 'clicked' like it has for some on here. 

I couldn't tell you half of the players on England's team let alone any of the others and I'm no follower of women's football either, but I'm also not anti either, what's point? Look what it means to these people on the pitch and in the crowd and what it could spur them on to do and achieve in life.

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Yeah no denying it's a great achievement for the women's game...  And I'm watching bits of it but I dunno its just not 'clicked' like it has for some on here. 

Managed to watch the last 10 mins, bit pissed off as I now realise it was the euros and not the World Cup they’ve won, I genuinely thought it was the big one. Oh well 

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I couldn't tell you half of the players on England's team let alone any of the others and I'm no follower of women's football either, but I'm also not anti either, what's point? Look what it means to these people on the pitch and in the crowd and what it could spur them on to do and achieve in life.

Oh I get the legacy from this will be fantastic for the women's game and sport for girls etc. 

Just when they scored it registered more like one leg of my 10 fold Acca coming in. Rather than full blown mental celebration like if Bolton or England mens had scored. 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Managed to watch the last 10 mins, bit pissed off as I now realise it was the euros and not the World Cup they’ve won, I genuinely thought it was the big one. Oh well 

Gotta feel for their husbands.

They'll not be having tea til gone midnight at this rate. All for the piffly euros. 

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Started listening on 5Live 

Not a big fan - nothing against women's game 

5 times in last 20 minutes made a comparison / reference to 1966 World Cup win / 56 years ago

By all means create your own history  

But please stop referencing to and piggybacking  on the history of the men's game 

Well done, I'm not knocking the achievement, pleased for them and their fans like I am when England win the ashes or the rugby

They are pushing it with this conflation of stats though 

They don't do it in other sports and i can't imagine it would go down well if, for example, all mens and women's Olympic and world records were merged into one genderless list for athletics 

But whatever 

Well done England 

22 minutes ago, royal white said:

Poor fishing Rambo......