Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Lionesses

gonzo

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Football has been fantastic outlet for me as a fan, player and coach, it’s brilliant that girls can experience the beautiful game like millions of men have been able to. Well done to the lionesses. 

Spot on mate.

Imagine using this as an opportunity to chat about how different it is to the men's game, or to have a moan about comparing stats. Beyond me. Fantastic achievement and scenes. 

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Football has been fantastic outlet for me as a fan, player and coach, it’s brilliant that girls can experience the beautiful game like millions of men have been able to. Well done to the lionesses. 

Your best ever post lad 👍

55 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye. What Biggles just said😃

51 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Just leaving Wembley now. Absolute scenes. What a brilliant brilliant day. Loved seeing my Dad dancing around with my daughter after the match. He was at Wembley in 66 and today. Not a bad double!

That’s some going by anyone’s standards!

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Spot on mate.

Imagine using this as an opportunity to chat about how different it is to the men's game, or to have a moan about comparing stats. Beyond me. Fantastic achievement and scenes. 

I dunno, millions and millions of women have enjoyed men's (or rather just football) football for years.

Seems a very odd way of looking at it. Especially as a caveat I've known female coaches, teams and clubs across all ages for years.

Check out Canterbury Old Bags and their head coach and what she has done for the game.

It's hopefully a big change this for many.

Edited by Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Does that mean in Qatar baddiel and skinner are redundant? 

I don't know about your domestic situation, but most people are allowed to come home more than once.

"For more than 150 years football has been an intrinsic part of this nation’s culture and lifestyle, a form of identity, a unit of social currency. And yet for most of that time women have been excluded from this club and its perks: shouted down and shut out. The last time England’s men lifted a major trophy, the 1966 World Cup, women were banned from playing competitive football in any form. Now, against the same opponents in the same stadium, English football – all of it, not just half – has ascended to the very top step of the podium."

Brilliantly put.

Just now, royal white said:

So what about a Wanderers womens team, is there going to be a big push by the fans to get one going again (apologies if they have) or is this just a band wagon that people have jumped on and will be forgotten about in a few weeks? 

If a newly formed Wanderers women's team win the women's FA Cup does that mean they equal the lads of 1958?

And would that be our clubs most recent major accolade. 2004 Asia trophy aside....