Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Lionesses

gonzo

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

So what about a Wanderers womens team, is there going to be a big push by the fans to get one going again (apologies if they have) or is this just a band wagon that people have jumped on and will be forgotten about in a few weeks? 

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

If a newly formed Wanderers women's team win the women's FA Cup does that mean they equal the lads of 1958?

And would that be our clubs most recent major accolade. 2004 Asia trophy aside.... 

^^ Absolutely FUMING because the England women's team won the Euro's. They don't know how to cope with it. 😂

45 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Stevie B is like that fella in an office that someone told him he was funny once and now can't stop trying a bit too hard.

Stevie B is just calling you out for being fair weather band wagon jumpers. 

You won't be watching WSL games just like you won't be watching some ginger cunt run a long jump. 

But every 4 (or 2) years you'll get the bunting out. I get it. I do it too to some degree with the Olympics. 

But it's not the same as BWFC or England mens

7 minutes ago, stevieb said:

You won't be watching WSL games just like you won't be watching some ginger cunt run a long jump. 

But every 4 (or 2) years you'll get the bunting out. I get it. I do it too to some degree with the Olympics. 

You are just worried in case they can not identify their products in the supermarket are nt you ? 

58 minutes ago, Cheese said:

^^ Absolutely FUMING because the England women's team won the Euro's. They don't know how to cope with it. 😂

Who is exactly fuming?

Everyone on here has said it's a great achievement.

Some have said it shouldn't be compared to the mens game and achievements.

It's like you want them to be upset by it like you do on most subjects on here.

You're fucking weird.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

So what about a Wanderers womens team, is there going to be a big push by the fans to get one going again (apologies if they have) or is this just a band wagon that people have jumped on and will be forgotten about in a few weeks? 

Pretty sure there is one already

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

I stopped reading when you referred to yourself in the third person 

Fantastic tournament for England and their achievement should be applauded, not compared with others.

Women's football, like Scottish football, isn't for me tbh, but the Lionesses have done magnificently.

Well done, ladies. 

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Nobody said they were.

Its the same when pubs are packed for England in world cup but nobody is arsed when we play Moldova on a Tuesday night in November.

Why do we have to analyse and be critical of folk just enjoying their national team winning a major comp?

Enjoy the moment or dont.

38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Nobody said they were.

Its the same when pubs are packed for England in world cup but nobody is arsed when we play Moldova on a Tuesday night in November.

Why do we have to analyse and be critical of folk just enjoying their national team winning a major comp?

👍Exactly.

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Nobody said they were.

Bob on

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Nobody said they were.

Good points.

I do wonder (as Stevie suggests) what the long term impacts will be on the women's game, and in particular the crowds that attend.

Hopefully it will remain clear of fuckwits that chuck stuff etc and appeal to families, and continue to grow.

Theres a girl plays in my lads under 11s team and one in my other lads under 9s. Plenty other teams the same.

Thats running along with a full girls league with 10 different teams from the area.

Its thriving at youth level and is only going to get bigger.

2 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I fully understand the meaning of the term flower.

Me too.

A flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants (plants of the division Angiospermae).

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Me too.

A flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants (plants of the division Angiospermae).

Your horticultural knowledge is outstanding 

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Nobody said they were.

I was going to say what a bunch of miserable bastards, glad I did not know you have summed it perfectly. 
Amazing WWAys can even turn this into 'sides'.