Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Lionesses

gonzo

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

He was just pointing out the attendances being poor and not much chance of the women getting the same wage as men 

Which is blatantly obvious, as I said above. I was just pointing out that using the Manchester City womens team as an example of how womens teams are funded is pointless.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Which is blatantly obvious, as I said above. I was just pointing out that using the Manchester City womens team as an example of how womens teams are funded is pointless.

The comment was about attendances and wages in general, you had already commented on City being a pointless example 😉

9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Think its closer to over 3k on average isn't it? Spurs top the attendance I believe.

Its from BBC report who also state As to attendances at games, the Football Association has set a target to reach average attendances at games of 6,000 by 2024,

2 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Its from BBC report who also state As to attendances at games, the Football Association has set a target to reach average attendances at games of 6,000 by 2024,

Whats the relevance in this one may ask?

• Members
10 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

A wokenker ? Never heard that one before.

Must have been great to play at the FIFA headquarters mate. Though going by your logic on the women's game it's irrelevant because you'll be back at your normal venue soon enough.

You're the third person on this thread to remind me that the memories will soon fade... As if we were all blissfully unaware and expecting it to take over from the men's game 😆

"I'm happy for you girls, but you're all shite compared to the men, well done though, honestly ". 

I've lived in Edinburgh the past 3 years bud, soon moving to Glasgow for a new job. Rangers club shop or Celtics?

Rangers of course. I'll buy you a few pints before gluing you to a bus :D

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Unfortunate comma on this FB post I saw earlier ?

Screenshot_20220802-185020.thumb.jpg.2211f3932fd22ec085ba70716875d027.jpg

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Not an unfortunate comma. That's what the team was called.

Just beat me to it..,

The ladies football team were representing Dick, Kerr & Co., which was a munitions factory from Preston.

Folks assume that it’s a guy called Dick Kerr.

HTH

• Moderators

saw this the other day, BJ tweeting that he and his family were gripped watching the match

but apparently, that red button in the top right, only appears when you've just switched the channel on, then dissappears

dunno, but I don't believe him anyway

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, royal white said:

I wonder what the percentage is of boys who can play netball and rounders? 

Wonder away. Maybe you should start a campaign to get more boys into netball and rounders?

11 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Never mind football. More cricket should be played in state schools. Boys and girls!

My school was pretty much football for the lads, netball for the girls. I remember cricket being mega popular during my first year at Hayward I think you could put that down to the amount of Asians. 

Do many schools in Bolton play rugby?