Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cleaning up

JOGLER

Lots of much needed TLC at the stadium over the summer  They we’re putting up the new hotel name plate when I walked past earlier too and there were loads of TV boxes in a skip so guess they’ve updated the TV on the concourse. Wasn’t much work going on at the new fanzone but hopefully it’ll be done by 6th August. 

3 minutes ago, newton_white said:

Lots of much needed TLC at the stadium over the summer  They we’re putting up the new hotel name plate when I walked past earlier too and there were loads of TV boxes in a skip so guess they’ve updated the TV on the concourse. Wasn’t much work going on at the new fanzone but hopefully it’ll be done by 6th August. 

Fanzone supposedly ready for Next week....

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, newton_white said:

Hope they’ve replaced the one in WSL(south) after some cretin put a BWFC sticker in the middle about four seasons ago. They got the sticker off but didn’t bother with the adhesive!

I also hope they’ve done something about fixing the roof. It’s like a bloody colander when it rains.

5 hours ago, newton_white said:

Heard the club spent 20K replacing TVs in some of the corporate boxes. 

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Heard the club spent 20K replacing TVs in some of the corporate boxes. 

The one in Jules' box last season was a 14" portable from the 90's. Was installed when the stadium opened.

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

The one in Jules' box last season was a 14" portable from the 90's. Was installed when the stadium opened.

Mate of mine who’s got box had same, bloody embarrassing. They’ve moved to west stand now and kitted box out with new blinds and curtains at their own expense. 

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, newton_white said:

Working on fanzone today. Apparently looking at the Wycombe game

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Underpants said:

About time the place got a clean up.

I will be very surprised if the fanzone is ready for the Wycombe match.

Word on the street it won't be full operational until October, maybe November.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/20291147.bolton-wanderers-course-complete-exciting-fanzone-project-wycombe-game/

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Soft opening for Wycombe game, full opening later.
Various local bars & restaurants are involved.

This is from the company doing the actual building work you see on those pics.

Seen Nam Ploy mentioned somewhere - Is the building not going to be a giant marquee type??

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

Seen Nam Ploy mentioned somewhere - Is the building not going to be a giant marquee type??

Nam ploy are one of the "tenants", I believe. Not sure about the structural design, but I think it'll be a bit more permanent and/or weather proof than a marquee.