Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Thoughts on the new season

Valefaninpeace

• Site Supporter

If the 3 coming down replace the 3 going up in terms of quality then you are looking at last seasons top 10 plus Charlton who should be much of a muchness.

Could come down to playing teams out of form at the right time etc. 

I’ll be disappointed if we’re not about to start a championship campaign this time next year. Won’t be easy but I do think we’ve got a squad capable of giving it a good go. I reckon Evatt would get backed in January too if we’re in the top 8 or 9

1 minute ago, Gonk said:

Consistency will be the key - we are good enough to beat any side on the day, but spaffed it too many times last season, particularly against inferior opposition

Yeah we need to beat Burton fuckin Albion at last! Burton, Accrington, Fleetwood, Morecambe away on their shitty pitches in their tin shacks. Got to compete. Even if we draw there and stuff them at home that'd do me! Chuck the 4 who came up into that group as well!

Manager is doing a fantastic job as are the owners.

Expecting the side to carry on where they left off last season with great form from January onwards. It will be tough but I think we're good enough for the playoffs at least.

if my memory hasn't completely gone I think we had a cracking game at Vale Park in the promotion season run in that ended goalless, Branny had a great game and a loss there would have meant we wouldn't have caught you.

Edited by perth_white

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JOGLER said:

Way down sky's list so stuck £10 on him 

GmpvtD8.jpg

• Site Supporter

@Valefaninpeace I think most of us are happy that you got promoted rather than most of the other clubs in L2.

We have a history, both on and off the pitch, so good luck for the season.

I was speaking to some of your lot on the train ( Cheltenham away) after you got beat at Walsall and they thought your season was gone.

I’m sure you’ll give us the usual welcome when we go into Burslem for a pint. 😂