Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

49 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Much rather have cash - know exactly how much you have spent or have left.

but I’m old school.

this cashless car parking is going to cost quite a bit more than having a season pass like last season.  Will stop the pissing about for change and potential for some to go missing…….

Interesting that as I think I spend loads less Cashless. 

Save a fortune in flying Scotsman too.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, boogs said:

This mean they're gonna give the old dear dishing out golden goal tickets a card reader?? 

Seems a bit daft if so. I usually get a couple of them if I've some loose change in my pocket, doubt I'll stop to wait for her to remember how to load the thing. 

They already have history with Golden Goal tickets.

Gambling free stadium…

except Golden Goal tickets.

I’ve no doubt a cash free stadium will attract the same caveat.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Dinosaurs

tbh I’m surprised @Steejay does bank transfers for his away tickets thought he’d post me a cheque😀

See, I pay by card mostly but always carry a ton in my other pocket for when the technology fails, or cash only.

You cheeky fucker. 😁

I was in WSL a couple of times last season where there was a cash only and a card only queue.  The card only queue was miles shorter so you had folk swapping queues and when they got to the front pulled out cash. Cheeky cunts.

The minimum wagers serving them don't give a fuck and certainly don't want an argument, so just took the payment.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

They already have history with Golden Goal tickets.

Gambling free stadium…

except Golden Goal tickets.

I’ve no doubt a cash free stadium will attract the same caveat.

Yea, it tickled me at the time that did.

So your against gambling unless you make a few quid out of it 😁

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Do you trust the technology enough to go the machine and get your money out? 

Vary rarely use a machine. I pay for train/match tickets on my credit card and get cash off the people I buy them for.

If there's an alternative to technology, I use it. Supermarket tills rather than scan your own stuff etc

16 hours ago, Steejay said:

This.

It won’t increase sales. Sales will only diminish.

Our local village club recently went to cashless.....in the last couple of weeks, sales have gone up. The general thought is that turnover has gone up, because people don't just have £10 in their pocket, have three pints and then go home, they stay longer and spend more now that they're not using "real cash"

You do now see people giving other people cash now, and then those other people using their cards, which can look a bit like clandestine drug deals. Still, it seems to be working for them

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

See, I pay by card mostly but always carry a ton in my other pocket for when the technology fails, or cash only.

You cheeky fucker. 😁

I do this, try to pay by card when possible, but always have an emergency £50/£100 in cash

11 hours ago, boogs said:

This mean they're gonna give the old dear dishing out golden goal tickets a card reader?? 

Seems a bit daft if so. I usually get a couple of them if I've some loose change in my pocket, doubt I'll stop to wait for her to remember how to load the thing. 

"The new Fanzone, Club Store, Ticket Office, Bolton Stadium Hotel bars, programme selling points and Lottery sellers will continue to accept cash payments as required."

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Our local village club recently went to cashless.....in the last couple of weeks, sales have gone up. The general thought is that turnover has gone up, because people don't just have £10 in their pocket, have three pints and then go home, they stay longer and spend more now that they're not using "real cash"

You do now see people giving other people cash now, and then those other people using their cards, which can look a bit like clandestine drug deals. Still, it seems to be working for them

Or maybe the staff now have no opportunity to dip into the till.

Girl who used to work at my former local would shove the occasional fiver in her tips jar. If asked why folk were tipping her in notes she’d say the till was low on pound coins so she took some from her tips and replaced them with notes.

She actually thought she’d never get caught. There’s not that many who tip much more than 50p. Usually just the round-up to the next whole pound.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Not as much as @Trafdid.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

drinking his warm Guinness out of a plastic glass, he fucking loved it 

Sadly those days are no more. Living my best life, I was.

I think I shook my head the second most times in the world that day, only beaten by @L/H White after Tom Walker's corner at Brentford.

Edited by Traf

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Sadly those days are no more. Living my best life, I was.

I think I shook my head the second most times in the world that day, only beaten by @L/H White after Tom Walker's corner at Brentford.

I remember that fondly. He just said "That's poor" shook his head a few times and then walked off back under the stand 🙂