Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

10 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Haha, surely he's a plumber now? Can't still be playing?

Jumper for Goalposts stuff now, AFC Fylde, with another former Bolton "favourite" Stephen Dobbie who must be about 50 now

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Sweep said:

Our local village club recently went to cashless.....in the last couple of weeks, sales have gone up. The general thought is that turnover has gone up, because people don't just have £10 in their pocket, have three pints and then go home, they stay longer and spend more now that they're not using "real cash"

You do now see people giving other people cash now, and then those other people using their cards, which can look a bit like clandestine drug deals. Still, it seems to be working for them

That's me in the Dancers.

I could have a walk with the dog and 'just 'call for a couple' before my tea, but now what with my card and phone the sky's the limit.

There would be a full page of bank statement (if there were pages ) of "Dancers,Dancers,Dancers, Little John,Little John etc.etc. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, W.cramp said:

Out for attention that bloke.  

He sits near me at the Unibol.

I’ve never, ever seen him sober.

Remember him almost shitting himself with rage a few years back when saw a young lad in a Celtic top. Thought he was going to have a heart attack.

Loves BWFC. Well, did. I’m guessing he doesn’t have a debit card hence the current level of anger.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

That's me in the Dancers.

I could have a walk with the dog and 'just 'call for a couple' before my tea, but now what with my card and phone the sky's the limit.

There would be a full page of bank statement (if there were pages ) of "Dancers,Dancers,Dancers, Little John,Little John etc.etc. 

halal beer?

30 minutes ago, Spider said:

Remember him almost shitting himself with rage a few years back when saw a young lad in a Celtic top. Thought he was going to have a heart attack.

Loves BWFC. Well, did. I’m guessing he doesn’t have a debit card hence the current level of anger.

He will be fucked when he finds out Rangers are cashless

3 hours ago, Spider said:

All sorted now, he’s getting a go henry 

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s been some meltdowns on Facebook today over this. Fkin dinosaurs 

I had to reply to one about how times are changing and how thankful we should be for what we’ve got.   it’s as if some folk are looking for any excuse to stop going, mind you we’ve always had that ever since the supporters club because the Exec Suite at Burnden.

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I had to reply to one about how times are changing and how thankful we should be for what we’ve got.   it’s as if some folk are looking for any excuse to stop going, mind you we’ve always had that ever since the supporters club because the Exec Suite at Burnden.

I do think that's what it is unless your a piss ridden 90 year old. 

As you say we've had loads of people use any old shit to stop going. Megson. Ken Anderson. Red seats. 

It's all because the glory of the Sam era had gone. They'll be back when we're back flying. 

The shit cunts. 

• Site Supporter

I don’t have a printer at home and no idea how to save a ticket to a wallet on my phone.

I don’t doubt it is likely to be straight forward but I’ll be fucked if I can be arsed turning up at the ticket office to buy a ticket then head in.

Chances of me going were no more than 50/50 anyway but now I can’t just hand a tenner over at the turnstile, chances of me going now are zero

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I do think that's what it is unless your a piss ridden 90 year old. 

As you say we've had loads of people use any old shit to stop going. Megson. Ken Anderson. Red seats. 

It's all because the glory of the Sam era had gone. They'll be back when we're back flying. 

The shit cunts. 

I’d rather not have them, we’ve got a feel good factor at the ground, perhaps they don’t like it 😂 

11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I don’t have a printer at home and no idea how to save a ticket to a wallet on my phone.

I don’t doubt it is likely to be straight forward but I’ll be fucked if I can be arsed turning up at the ticket office to buy a ticket then head in.

Chances of me going were no more than 50/50 anyway but now I can’t just hand a tenner over at the turnstile, chances of me going now are zero

You don’t have to save the ticket to your phone, there’s a version of the ticket at the bottom of the email that you can scan at the turnstiles

B8C86441-8974-4D4A-9C83-C4A1F73E9BC3.jpeg

• Site Supporter
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

You don’t have to save the ticket to your phone, there’s a version of the ticket at the bottom of the email that you can scan at the turnstiles

B8C86441-8974-4D4A-9C83-C4A1F73E9BC3.jpeg

That makes me 50/50 again. 

Got a long season ahead, might just have 1 more blank weekend before the trek to Ipswich