Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

Aye dont think anyone, including myself, is moaning direclty at the club. Dont blame em. Just moaning about the way society is going with it.

If they want cashless its fine, just stop printing money. Untill then, businesses should have to accept it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye dont think anyone, including myself, is moaning direclty at the club. Dont blame em. Just moaning about the way society is going with it.

If they want cashless its fine, just stop printing money. Untill then, businesses should have to accept it.

Dunno if it was ever true at any point, but years ago, probably the 90s, i heard anywhere has to accept stamps as cash payment because they have the value stated on them along with the queens head 

Never tested it out though

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Dunno if it was ever true at any point, but years ago, probably the 90s, i heard anywhere has to accept stamps as cash payment because they have the value stated on them along with the queens head 

It's a myth. There is no legal obligation for a retailer to accept any particular form of payment. It's entirely up to them.

59 minutes ago, Zico said:

yep, not many places even will accept Scottish notes

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I've just paid for my season car park pass, I had to give the reg number of the car I will be going in, if I have to go in a different car you just email the parking people and you will be allowed in. £184 (£8 per game) I asked 

i know from on here, its prob a case of needs must for you, but 8 quid

dear me

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

I've just paid for my season car park pass, I had to give the reg number of the car I will be going in, if I have to go in a different car you just email the parking people and you will be allowed in. £184 (£8 per game) I asked 

Amazed there's no discount for booking parking for the full season. Ridiculous.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

For me its purely a budgeting thing.

I take my cash out with me.  If I'm pinging my card left right and centre then I've no idea how much I've actually spent

thing is

when I used to take out cash for big sessions, I know how much I'd spent but always had fuck all idea on what

3 pints in and I'm like "how the fuck have I already spent £60"

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

For me its purely a budgeting thing.

I take my cash out with me.  If I'm pinging my card left right and centre then I've no idea how much I've actually spent

Does no one use banking on phones? I don't think I even go into my account on a desktop anymore. If you pay by your phone, get get an instant alert and then keep this to keep a track of your spends.

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

It is only for the league games too, any cup matches are to be paid separately at £8 a time

Think you mentioned that you need to park by ground, if we really want to be a community club things like this are how you demonstrate it. Even saying you get cup games free would be a start, that is what they used to do .

I use the car parks as easy for getting away and no idea when will get there so accept I pay full amount. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Does no one use banking on phones? I don't think I even go into my account on a desktop anymore. If you pay by your phone, get get an instant alert and then keep this to keep a track of your spends.

Cant even get a text message round the ground pal