Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

51 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Cant even get a text message round the ground pal

Ah yes - forgot about that small issue - can't get anything on Vodephone. That is a massive issue if you do use everything on your phone.

Mind you, I go with my Dad and he's tight as. He buys Hunters pasties, warms them up and puts them in tinfoil for halftime. He says they're good handwarmers as well when it's cold 😁

7 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Are there cameras on the hotel? I doubt it with taxis and stuff going in and out of it. Its always been the best place to park anyway.

There will be ANPR cameras at the hotel but as you get one hour free the taxis can come and go without charge.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Horwich said:

Are there cameras on the hotel? I doubt it with taxis and stuff going in and out of it. Its always been the best place to park anyway.

Not sure which company they’ve appointed to install cameras but ParkingEye allow 15 minutes before the clock starts (even though once started it is 15 minutes into your parking period.

The thing which pisses me off most about these ANPR camera users, police excepted for legitimate law enforcement uses, is how did DVLA, a government agent, responsible for vehicle and driver licensing is being used to provide the evidence against the very people whose taxes pay for the service.

Who decides when and how their stored data is shared to a private third party in order to make money? I’d imagine the private car parking companies would need to pay DVLA (the government) for the names and addresses of those not parking within the rules but how, under GDPR?

If someone hit my car and drove off and I got the reg number, I wouldn’t then be able to contact DVLA to fill in the gaps like where the car is registered without going through the police, even if I offered to pay because such info is protected by GDPR.

On 03/08/2022 at 16:25, Not in Crawley said:

Ah yes - forgot about that small issue - can't get anything on Vodephone. That is a massive issue if you do use everything on your phone.

Mind you, I go with my Dad and he's tight as. He buys Hunters pasties, warms them up and puts them in tinfoil for halftime. He says they're good handwarmers as well when it's cold 😁

I think @L/H White wraps his cans of beer in tinfoil to keep them cold when he's on an away day 

30 minutes ago, Zico said:

Probably Tesco and leaving just before the end 

Always has been.

I move from my back row of ESL seat to close to an exit during injury time. I'm out as soon as th final whistle blows and into my car & away. Costs less than the official car parks and I'm usually home, 65 miles away, inside 6pm.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Not sure which company they’ve appointed to install cameras but ParkingEye allow 15 minutes before the clock starts (even though once started it is 15 minutes into your parking period.

The thing which pisses me off most about these ANPR camera users, police excepted for legitimate law enforcement uses, is how did DVLA, a government agent, responsible for vehicle and driver licensing is being used to provide the evidence against the very people whose taxes pay for the service.

Who decides when and how their stored data is shared to a private third party in order to make money? I’d imagine the private car parking companies would need to pay DVLA (the government) for the names and addresses of those not parking within the rules but how, under GDPR?

If someone hit my car and drove off and I got the reg number, I wouldn’t then be able to contact DVLA to fill in the gaps like where the car is registered without going through the police, even if I offered to pay because such info is protected by GDPR.

Found on gov.uk

Landowners, private car parking companies and trespass
management companies
Private car parking facilities provide a vital service in towns and cities throughout the UK. Many shops, hotels, pubs and doctors’ surgeries are affected when motorists park their vehicles in breach of a car park’s terms and conditions. Properly controlled data release from the DVLA vehicle register helps these organisations operate effectively for the benefit of all motorists.
A motorist who parks a vehicle on private land does so subject to the terms and conditions set out on the car park’s signage. It is considered reasonable for businesses and landowners to seek redress if vehicles have been parked in breach of the terms and conditions. This could include overstaying the permitted time period, failing to pay the relevant charge or trespassing on land where parking
is not allowed.
Vehicles may also have been inconsiderately parked, for example, in a space reserved for disabled motorists when not entitled to or obstructing access for emergency vehicles.
DVLA provides data to allow landowners or their agents to pursue their legal rights and resolve disputes.
To make sure motorists are treated fairly when any parking or trespass charge is pursued, DVLA will only provide vehicle keeper details where the company is a member of an Accredited Trade Association (ATA).
ATAs enforce a code of practice which covers many aspects of a car parking operator’s business.
While complying with the code of practice is an important consideration for DVLA when releasing vehicle keeper data, not all requirements of the code affect reasonable cause.
DVLA will not disclose data to parking or trespass companies who are not members of an ATA. We expect the ATAs to monitor adherence to the code of practice and investigate and address non-compliance when it arises.

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

Response received from parking team at the ground.

“There will be a one hour free facility on both match and non-match days at the Hotel Car Park so yes, you can still drop off”

8 minutes ago, freds dad said:

Response received from parking team at the ground.

“There will be a one hour free facility on both match and non-match days at the Hotel Car Park so yes, you can still drop off”

Went to the shop yesterday and confirm you are correct.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

Did anyone have any issues tapping a piece of plastic onto another piece of plastic or remembering 4 numbers today? 

Didn't spend a penny in the ground.

Saving mea fortune this cashless stadium, I'm a convert.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, royal white said:

Did anyone have any issues tapping a piece of plastic onto another piece of plastic or remembering 4 numbers today? 

Bloke in front of me at the WSL Carr’s Pasty queue had cash only so I paid for his pasty with my card. He gave me his £3 and I dived into my pocket and gave him 50p change…

then realised pasties had gone up to TWO FUCKING POUNDS AND NINETY FUCKING PENCE!Y

BWFC, you robbing bastards!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I saw a guy use his watch in the bay horse last week.

I could use mine but you look like you need to dislocate your shoulder to get the watch face to the contact point so never bother.