Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

This is what I keep saying. 

We're doing ok, not struggling but not in the 150k club either.

Not well enough that me and Our Peg can just tap the card whenever we feel like it.  We have our spends, its in our wallet/purse

Edited by barryk32

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Ani said:

21 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

This is what I keep saying. 

We're doing ok, not quite but not in the 150k club either.

Not well enough that me and Our Peg can just tap the card whenever we feel like it.  We have our spends, its in our wallet/purse

luddites

it's just a question of modern life and technology though really

I do contactless, and don't carry cash unless I can help it, it doesn't make me frivelous though

I have spreadsheets on my pc that I update daily for personal, business and joint bank accounts

I know exactly where I stand, how much I've spent each week/month on what, and what I've got left till I pay myself again

each to their own like, but for me, cash in my pocket or not makes no difference to how I spend it

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Zico said:

luddites

it's just a question of modern life and technology though really

I do contactless, and don't carry cash unless I can help it, it doesn't make me frivelous though

I have spreadsheets on my pc that I update daily for personal, business and joint bank accounts

I know exactly where I stand, how much I've spent each week/month on what, and what I've got left till I pay myself again

each to their own like, but for me, cash in my pocket or not makes no difference to how I spend it

See, this is where we differ, which is absolutely fine.

I have to do the spreadsheets daily too but tapping the card does make me frivelous and it 100% does make a difference to how we spend it.

When my spends has gone its gone, however my card will keep tapping all day.

No self control, thats the issue.

46 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

See, this is where we differ, which is absolutely fine.

I have to do the spreadsheets daily too but tapping the card does make me frivelous and it 100% does make a difference to how we spend it.

When my spends has gone its gone, however my card will keep tapping all day.

No self control, thats the issue.

You need a go henry 😂

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, royal white said:

You need a go henry 😂

Youre probably right.

Honestly, no self control.  Not only am I tapping for me, if I see someone I last saw 15 years ago, I'll tap them one on.  If the kids say can I go to the bar I cant say here's a fiver and they take the royal piss.

I got a litre of JD Honey for 26 quid.  It will last me 3 games for just over 8 quid a time.

2 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Youre probably right.

Honestly, no self control.  Not only am I tapping for me, if I see someone I last saw 15 years ago, I'll tap them one on.  If the kids say can I go to the bar I cant say here's a fiver and they take the royal piss.

I got a litre of JD Honey for 26 quid.  It will last me 3 games for just over 8 quid a time.

Amen brother, I do all the spreadsheets too, but cash is king for boozing money and other day to day bits. 

Once it's gone it's gone. Had to do it that way when I was skint a few years ago (after earlier using debit card) and I've just stuck with it. 

5 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Youre probably right.

2 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Amen brother, I do all the spreadsheets too, but cash is king for boozing money and other day to day bits. 

Once it's gone it's gone. Had to do it that way when I was skint a few years ago (after earlier using debit card) and I've just stuck with it. 

Get one of those top up cards like you would going on holiday and load it up with that day’s spends (plus you might end up with a bonus few quid for the next one if you don’t spend it all)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Not many on ours compared to last season 

a guy got on with his 3 kids £28 wtf

I thought same on mine, a woman and her son got on after me £14 just to go to Johnson Fold roundabout it's inhumane that

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter
On 16/08/2022 at 23:32, Marc505 said:

I thought same on mine, a woman and her son got on after me £14 just to go to Johnson Fold roundabout it's inhumane that

2 home games this week.  That adds 30 quid to the weekly bills.

I can see a family from a lower income area like JF struggling with that.

It costs more for the bus than it does for our season tickets