Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

They should just have a separate queue for cash only or card only.

None of this a dig at Bolton btw, everywhere Ive been recently has been card only so dont blame the club following suit.

If society is going that way then crack on and stop printing money. Untill then stop telling us how we can fucking spend it.

33 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Is there still a cash machine opposite the club shop? Or has that gone now?

Long gone. Nearest one is Asda or Tesco, I think.

I’m another one who doesn’t carry cash. Often forgot my wallet and all (no jokes, please) so having my season ticket and my card payments on my phone are an absolute godsend. 

• Site Supporter

I get it that things are going card only, but atm (see what I did) a lot of folks still like using cash.

Saying cards only will stop some folks spending money.

Income will go down at the kiosks.

I started going on my own at 12 year old into East lower. I'd buy the odd bottle of coke or packet or crisp. 

Can't see that being a big decider for revenue. 

But old timers who only deal in cash will be pissed off and probably start losing renewals.

I hope you're happy Neil. Cyril isn't renewing now because of you. West upper compo face due in the evening news 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, freds dad said:

Looks like I will have to find somewhere else to park now they are charging on hotel car park. 

Any suggestions?

Ill just revert to my old spot, but if im using the hotel, why do i need to pay?

Much rather have cash - know exactly how much you have spent or have left.

but I’m old school.

this cashless car parking is going to cost quite a bit more than having a season pass like last season.  Will stop the pissing about for change and potential for some to go missing…….

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Income will go down at the kiosks.

I'm more likely to buy a half time voucher if you can use your card/phone 

Not sure if you could before, assumed not 

As an aside, I found out recently I don't even need my card anymore to get cash out, just need my phone and a NatWest or Tesco cash point 

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Horwich Parkway station car park.

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve managed to sneak on the car park behind the NS for over 10years. Fuck knows what I’m going to do now. Evatt out 

Or Asda/Home Bargains but then you need to get used to the wait till the buses have got away...or be a 87 minutes wanker.

18 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Or Asda/Home Bargains but then you need to get used to the wait till the buses have got away...or be a 87 minutes wanker.

Apart from when there’s a big away support, we’re generally on the M61 for 5.20 after parking on Home Bargains. Usually stay behind long enough to clap the players off but have a bit of a head start sitting in NSL. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, freds dad said:

If parking is becoming cashless and you need to set up an account to park how will they manage away supporters?

Good point. The slip road is one way x into the ground. You get to the attendant and say you don’t have a card, he has to send you through the car park to get off.

This mean they're gonna give the old dear dishing out golden goal tickets a card reader?? 

Seems a bit daft if so. I usually get a couple of them if I've some loose change in my pocket, doubt I'll stop to wait for her to remember how to load the thing.