Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale Away

Ani

11 hours ago, Traf said:

It's a nice money earner for the club, isn't it? Approx £4k and upwards just for selling the tickets for two away games.
Just doesn't sit right with me.

Not forgetting the club getting 5% commission, too.

There are system costs to cover, of course there are, but you don’t have to pay a handling charge at the kiosk to cover the till system, online charge when booking a room in the hotel etc so I agree to question why should that apply to buying the ticket office?

4 hours ago, Traf said:

Ticket offices have always sold tickets.

Online purchasing must make their jobs/lives easier, so why are we paying for that to happen?

It's another stealth tax.

100%

I'm guessing they are pushing the costs to them from ticket master on to us, but that's what winds me up! We get commission from away tickets to cover that cost & I'm doing all the work! Why am I still paying extra?

If the ST want to be useful, ask those questions. 

I'd hate to look back & see how much I paid in 'fees' last season! It's not right  without justification 

6 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

In & still more irritated by the 1-80 surcharge than I should be !!

CORRECT, IT ADDS UP OVER THE SEASON!

Not sure about the trains, it looks like Avanti & Crosscountry might be on strike  but the Northern chuggers should be running.

ALSO CORRECT, THOSE NORTHERN SERVICES ARE GOING TO BE LIKE CATTLE TRUCKS. IM HOPING THEY PUT A SPECIAL ON, OR AT LEAST EXTRA CARRIAGES, AFTER THE GAME AS I CAN SEE LOTS OF US NOT GETTING ON THAT FIRST SERVICE OUT OF STOKE. THE POLICE SHOULD BE APPROACHING NORTHERN TO DO SO, BUT THEY WON'T & IT'LL BE CARNAGE, ESPECIALLY LATER AS STOKE RETURN FROM HUDDERSFIELD. 

20 minutes ago, embankment said:

If you wanted a ticket and have got one.

What's the bloody issue. 

If you don't want to pay charges. 

Don't buy a ticket  !!!

That isn’t really how it works tbf. There will be all sorts of system charges throughout all sorts of departments of the club, but ticketing is the only one passed on to the fans

• Site Supporter
On 05/08/2022 at 20:11, embankment said:

If you wanted a ticket and have got one.

What's the bloody issue. 

If you don't want to pay charges. 

Don't buy a ticket  !!!

Can you imagine if everyone did just that?

Folk are happy to pay for a ticket. Not being ripped off for the privilege of doing so.

Reading their forum that stuffing at Exeter really knocked them. Let their full back go to Bristol Rovers by offering him peanuts. Had a 17 year old midfielder up front on his own v Exeter. Jamie Proctor was 'appalling (could have told them that!) Worrall injured again and not looking forward to Saturday.  Oh and Dave Flitcroft copping a lot of flak for how unprepared they are!

Old Bolton would go and lose there, new Bolton to get revenge for that six goal debacle at our place? COYW!!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

No disrespect to PV but I think we will smash them 

Biggest problem might be complacency. Evatt’s got to make sure we don’t get too cocky against ‘lesser’ teams.

4 hours ago, paulhanley said:

These play their League Cup game on Weds (Rotherham at home). So we've got 24 hours on them in terms of recovery for Saturday. 

Won't do us any harm that, but I bet their line up on Wednesday bears no resemblance to the team we play against. 

5 hours ago, Steejay said:

Biggest problem might be complacency. Evatt’s got to make sure we don’t get too cocky against ‘lesser’ teams.

Squad's too deep/good for that. A poor game will see you dropped for the next one, because nobody is irreplaceable now.