Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale Away

Ani

As well as the big decisions the ref got a series of smaller ones wrong. From the non booking of the lad who pulled the young scouser back to fouls on Dapo.

IMO the pen shout on The Icelander was not a pen.

2 hours ago, tshape said:

He was pathetic him. Banging on about how dangerous and prolific we are from set pieces!

And Trafford on loan from Man Utd kept mixing up Bradley & Jones and never once mentioned the 'goal'. Turned em off in second half I'd had enough 

Tremendous effort playing with 10 men for so long in that heat. Says a lot, mind, that I’m still disappointed that we didn’t get a winner, particularly on the break.

Did think we missed a trick late on not knocking it in to the acres of space behind their full backs when DJ and Sadlier came on with fresh legs but neither of them really got in to the game. Thankless task for both Baka and Bod playing on their tod with little support from in behind.

Sending off was an absolute crock of shit. Wouldn’t mind a look at all three of our penalty shouts too.

Got to be happy to stay unbeaten and hopefully give Morecambe a shoeing on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

As well as the big decisions the ref got a series of smaller ones wrong. From the non booking of the lad who pulled the young scouser back to fouls on Dapo.

IMO the pen shout on The Icelander was not a pen.

Prime example in the first half when Dapo's shot gets deflected for a corner.  Their keeper dashes across to prevent it going out, linesman signals a corner,  dickhead says goal kick.  Shockingly poor.

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

Prime example in the first half when Dapo's shot gets deflected for a corner.  Their keeper dashes across to prevent it going out, linesman signals a corner,  dickhead says goal kick.  Shockingly poor.

Keeper should have got a booking for that too, twatting the ball halfway to Crewe to stop us taking a quick corner while he was out of his goal when the corner had already been given. 

1 hour ago, Eavesy said:

Simply not enough from bakayoko.

The number 1 demand from Bolton fans when you are big lad upfront is to make yourself known.

Very unfair IMO. He worked his socks off, lacks a lot of quality but his effort is fine 

As hot as it gets, biggest pitch in the world v 11 men and that ref I won't be knocking any of the players. Not sure why you need to. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Very unfair IMO. He worked his socks off, lacks a lot of quality but his effort is fine 

As hot as it gets, biggest pitch in the world v 11 men and that ref I won't be knocking any of the players. Not sure why you need to. 

Bolton fan culture seems to be that some always have to dislike one player and give them grief..

Jdb isn't match fit yet,  DC is injured, doesn't leave much choice. 

Just back, I don't like blaming referees, it's an easy cop out when we lose (or draw) but today felt a little like Knightgate when we were completely up against it, all the decisions went against us & the referee was playing a major part in the game - against us. I didn't even bother appealing for the 2nd half penalty.

My feeling is that this cunt had a chip on his shoulder from Morecambe last season & was always going to be a problem.

In the end it's a good point  & a credit to all our players ( though Baka should have hit that one first time ) against that referee & playing in that heat. Hopefully it will even out over a season.

Defence superb.

we would have lost that game in previous years.

before the match wanted 3 points, but come the end of the season could be valuable point.

big week coming up.

and I am actually back from hols and can go to a game.

hope all that went today had a good in and got back in 1 piece.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, marple whites said:

sure that ball crossed the line……. 

The new highlights show obviously didn't have the camera angles. They commented on the great block off the line,  not the great block 18" over it! 

Good point in tough circumstances. Didn’t think we were particularly good but they were bang up for it. 

santos is an idiot. The referee was desperate to send him off and santos couldn’t help himself giving him opportunities. Evatt should have taken him off after the booking as his head had clearly gone. 

Someone should have got hold of evatt and locked him away at half time. It’s ok being passionate but that’s just stupid. Now we have 3 games without him. 

2 minutes ago, Big E said:

Good point in tough circumstances. Didn’t think we were particularly good but they were bang up for it. 

santos is an idiot. The referee was desperate to send him off and santos couldn’t help himself giving him opportunities. Evatt should have taken him off after the booking as his head had clearly gone. 

Someone should have got hold of evatt and locked him away at half time. It’s ok being passionate but that’s just stupid. Now we have 3 games without him. 

Thankfully it should just be a 1 game suspension, for 2 x yellows.

Rightly or wrongly it’s how Santos defends. He loves pinning a striker. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been shouting “get your fucking hands off him” particularly when he’s 30-35 yards out. Alls it does is give a free kick and invite pressure that wasn’t there beforehand. 

I think he realised after an initial grab he’s on a yellow and took his hands away. Their lad made the most of it. But Santos didn’t need to give the officials the chance to make a decision 

he’s quick and strong enough to stop defending like that full stop 

Listened to the PV commentary they said lad who goaded Santos and got himself pushed over is well known for it and throwing himself to floor done it on many occasions, stupid of Santos to react, but from first minute Santos body language was all wrong he was a sending off waiting to happen, think he needs a quiet word in his ear, Evatt can’t do it be better if it’s Atherton, and then say same to Evatt.