Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford (H) League Cup

L/H White

• Site Supporter

Will be interesting to see what side Evatt puts out for this. 

I think the 1st team squaders who haven’t started yet, will be blended in with those who haven’t played both league games so far. With just 1 or 2 who played the full games at Ipswich and yesterday.

Dixon, Sadlier, John, Iredale, Santos, Aimson, Thomason, Dempsey, Kachunga, Baka, JDB

27 minutes ago, desperado said:

Will be interesting to see what side Evatt puts out for this. 

I think the 1st team squaders who haven’t started yet, will be blended in with those who haven’t played both league games so far. With just 1 or 2 who played the full games at Ipswich and yesterday.

Dixon, Sadlier, John, Iredale, Santos, Aimson, Thomason, Dempsey, Kachunga, Baka, JDB

I'd take that team, sounds like Dixon had a decent pre season so using him in this competition and the pizza one is probably the least he deserves. 

Is there ET in league cup these days or straight to pens?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I'd take that team, sounds like Dixon had a decent pre season so using him in this competition and the pizza one is probably the least he deserves. 

Is there ET in league cup these days or straight to pens?

Pretty sure Barnsley last season went straight to penalities

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Have championship clubs always entered at the first round? 🧐

Satsumas are at Barrow tonight 

Just reading up on it. 70 teams go into first round and only Burnley and Watford get a pass to the 2nd round for finishing 18th/19th in prem. Norwich are in for finishing 20th. Might be the norm as I’m sure we played Barnsley last year.

55 minutes ago, tomski said:

Just reading up on it. 70 teams go into first round and only Burnley and Watford get a pass to the 2nd round for finishing 18th/19th in prem. Norwich are in for finishing 20th. Might be the norm as I’m sure we played Barnsley last year.

Yeah, giving 35 winners, Burnley, Watford & 13 PL clubs without European qualification in Round 2 = 50 clubs

Then the 25 winners are joined by the 7 European qualifiers to make Round 3 up to 32 clubs.