Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford (H) League Cup

L/H White

3 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

For reference, our last game against Salford in the 0-1 away win just in April last year, our bench was as follows:

Brockbank, Delfounseo, Delaney, Tutte, Elbouzedi, Miller, Gnahoua 

Christ what a difference 😂

It really is mental how far we've come in such a short space of time. 

Connor Bradley is class too. Surprised he brought him on but he didn't disappoint. 

Same with Dapo. 

Game put to bed like that I'd have thought he'd give the young ens more of a run out but Evatt must hate Neville as much as all of us! 🤣 

8 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

For reference, our last game against Salford in the 0-1 away win just in April last year, our bench was as follows:

Brockbank, Delfounseo, Delaney, Tutte, Elbouzedi, Miller, Gnahoua 

Christ what a difference 😂

Yeh the squad is a lot stronger now and we’re moving in the right direction as a club.

I can feel something building under IE, it feels similar to the early days of Armfield/Greaves/Rioch.

Bring it on.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What date is the final?

My quid E/W at 300/1 the other day is looking a sure thing now.

As others have said, nice to put that lot back in their place and in some style, even with so many fringe players.

Would be interesting to know whether it was the plan all along to hook DJ so early or whether it was because he was having a pretty dreadful game by his standards - Iredale looks streets ahead at this moment in time

Despite the scoreline, it’s worth mentioning that Salford did force Dixon in to a handful of decent save that will hopefully do his confidence the power of good

Too far from the red card to know whether it was justified but a real shame as I thought Thomason was having a good game up until that point

Sadlier got better as the night went on, but then for Bradley to come on. Wow. Different class. Our strength is depth is really encouraging at the minute. 

Very enjoyable !!  Not surprisingly it took a while to get going with so many changes but once we settled, we were too good for Salford with a largely reserve team.

Not so good, John was well off the pace & i presume injured but Iredale was a big improvement & must be 1st choice LWB for now ......Sadlier, Thomasson & Kachunga were alright but not enough to challenge for starting places.

Dixon was very safe & wouldn't scare me if needed, but MOTM between Aimson who was rock solid defensively & good with the ball & Kieron Lee who is still a class act (but behind Dempsey & Morley )

& finally, Bradley looks like something special & our 5th goal was a thing of beauty.

#ratfacedcunt 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

6/5 to qualify at one down was too good to turn down too btw 👍 

No doubt someone will have stuck about £100 on us to be winning at half time when it was at 22/1 just before the equaliser 😂 

My lad was just trying to get bradley at 12s when he scored

Salvaged it with dapo at 10s