Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford (H) League Cup

L/H White

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Surely that ludicrous red card will be reviewed? Standard of refereeing (especially v Wycombe) leaves a lot to be desired.

To be fair, the ref v Wycombe was streets ahead of most from last season.

34 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Well, this is alreet. Two games, two wins, 8 goals scored and only one conceded. Wish I could be at Port Vale! Back against Morecambe and Sheff Wed and hoping (expecting) more of the same. Everything about the place seems to be brimming with confidence and optimism.

A great season ahead - of this I have no doubt.

Surely that ludicrous red card will be reviewed? Standard of refereeing (especially v Wycombe) leaves a lot to be desired.

Deffo meet you for one of them Boltster.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

The Morecambe one remains the worst! Apparently they kicked Stoke off the pitch last night (according to Stokies so not entirely reliable) but we know Derek Adams and what he's all about. Hope we smash them with total football. Also need a strong ref

I'd be really worried if the FA hadn't already considered the ref decision for that one. 

13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An amazing stat, more so given how poor we were in 1982.  I was at those 4 games, last 2 of 81-82 to avoid relegation (3-2 v Derby, 3-1 v Sheff W) and 1st two of 82-83 (3-1 v Newcastle and 4-0 v Carlisle in cup).  Tony Henry scored in all 4 which is probably near to a record too?  Hopefully we don't repeat the form we did then, lost 5 consecutive league games after Newcastle.

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Despite the scoreline, it’s worth mentioning that Salford did force Dixon in to a handful of decent save that will hopefully do his confidence the power of good

Too far from the red card to know whether it was justified but a real shame as I thought Thomason was having a good game up until that point

Sadlier got better as the night went on, but then for Bradley to come on. Wow. Different class. Our strength is depth is really encouraging at the minute. 

We played some great stuff going forward and the goals were all fantastic.   But yes, how easily did Salford cut us open in the first half (and a couple of times 2nd half).  Not through sustained possession or superb play but just basic one-two's, we looked wide open.  When they finally scored it could have been their 2nd easily, they kept passing instead of shooting when bearing down on goal. 

On Dixon, I don't think confidence was an issue, just that he doesn't command his box like Trafford does, all those crosses that Trafford took against the aerial threat of Wycombe, I wouldn't like to have had Dixon in those positions.  We know he can make saves, he just isn't commanding enough at this level and I'd be concerned if Trafford got injured.

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Can only echo everyone’s sentiments, very enjoyable performance.

Feel sorry for Neil Woods, he’ll be getting sacked today. That Asante fella looked decent first half but faded in the second, but we ran them ragged to be fair.

Iredale I thought looked very good when he came on, including his attacking strength. Kachunga had one of his best games too, got some pace to be fair.

Didnt think anyone was poor. John not too bright but wouldn’t go as far as poor.

Bradley’s goal - quality. He’s going to be a real player

Yes if Kachunga was a new signing we'd be thinking we've signed a real player, decent headed goal, superb assist and deserved another assist when JDB missed 2nd half.  Maybe there's a role up front for him while Charles is out, but as long as JDB is first choice as he's top quality at this level.  Can't believe this time last year we had Doyle up front on his own.

• Site Supporter

Hadn't realised that Newcastle and Everton would be available. 

Stockport would he quite nice, but equally a go against Frank Lampard's team is appetising. 

If we lost against a prem side, it wouldn't be as big a blow as putting in a one off poor performance against a fellow lower league team. 

1 hour ago, burnden said:

Anyone who will fill the away end at ours will do , chance of turning a bigger side over and fill the coffers.

I'd love to see a big team here and a 20k plus crowd, we'd enjoy the novelty having a decent cup tie.  But at about £10 a ticket and splitting the income 3 ways its only going to generate similar to getting about 4k extra fans for a league game paying £25 or whatever.