Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Great News for the Gammons


DazBob
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

not at all, like I've said quite a few times on here I don't watch Sky or any other football due to political shite being rammed down folks throats.  If you like it that's fine, I personally think football is a leisure thing,not a platform to brainwash and influence the weak minded.

I thought you must be joking due to your comment of no problems with racism in the 70s and 80s.

I still think you must be joking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I thought you must be joking due to your comment of no problems with racism in the 70s and 80s.

I still think you must be joking.

If anyone thinks racism wasn’t an issue in the late 70s/early 80s then they weren’t there seeing bananas lobbed from Burnden Terrace onto the pitch at Viv Anderson’s feet and cries of “Ooh, ooh, ooh,” every time he (and others touched the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
53 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, my thoughts too.

But why is Kane getting so much abuse?

Some weirdoes about.

 

30 minutes ago, Casino said:

Arsenal fans prob

Their twitter brigade are top tier dicks

Spurs weren't a happy bunch for a while after he tried to get out last summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If anyone thinks racism wasn’t an issue in the late 70s/early 80s then they weren’t there seeing bananas lobbed from Burnden Terrace onto the pitch at Viv Anderson’s feet and cries of “Ooh, ooh, ooh,” every time he (and others touched the ball.

Or episodes of love thy neighbour on prime time telly 🤦‍♂️🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ronaldo's abusive tweets were just a tiny fraction of the total tweets he gets.  Imagine being sad enough to tweet him with "Good job pal.  I think you're a really good footballer" - surely the whole point of Twitter is to send abuse and take the piss?

Anyway, old figures.  I reckon Rebekah Vardy will outdo all of em by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

No idea anyone could be so stupid. After spending months and millions trying to prove she didn’t sell stories to the Sun the first thing she does is tell her side of the story through the Sun 🤣

She's a thick pig end of. Her and The Sun deserve each other. Absolutely disgusting at time people are struggling to make a living and she wastes money taking this crap to court and then gets absolutely hammered in court but sells her story to sun. Colleen is a class act compared to this tramp! Surely Jamie must be embarrassed or is he as thick as her?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Max Cherry said:

She's a thick pig end of. Her and The Sun deserve each other. Absolutely disgusting at time people are struggling to make a living and she wastes money taking this crap to court and then gets absolutely hammered in court but sells her story to sun. Colleen is a class act compared to this tramp! Surely Jamie must be embarrassed or is he as thick as her?

Well it’ll be his dollar paying for it so I’d say he’s as thick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has run its course. 

Imagine taking the knee in Qatar against discrimination, then making the most of a tournament and its facilities that 7000 people died building. 

Fair play to em for doing it. Even if it was to just highlight an issue. Even seeing that prick banned from his cricket club the other day, it does feel like these comments are jumped on much more these days. Which wasn't the case when I first started watching football. 

Of course it wasn't taking the knee that achieved that but it has played its part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

If anyone thinks racism wasn’t an issue in the late 70s/early 80s then they weren’t there seeing bananas lobbed from Burnden Terrace onto the pitch at Viv Anderson’s feet and cries of “Ooh, ooh, ooh,” every time he (and others touched the ball.

I remember someone chucking a banana at George Oghani when he played for Burnley, he was going mad until Leighton James walked up to him, took the banana off him and started to eat it to a round of applause from the Burnden Terrace, also V Liverpool in the FA Cup John Barnes was the target for a couple of banana chuckers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, royal white said:

There seems to be have been more reports of racism since all this knee Bollocks started then there has been in the last 15/20 years. It was never going to make any changes. 

aye

either it's being called out more, or, thick cunts have had enough of it being rammed down their throats so there retort is to make an effort to be racist to show they don't give a fuck

probably a combination of both

I do wonder if that incident at Horwich CC would've occured pre BLM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

There seems to be have been more reports of racism since all this knee Bollocks started then there has been in the last 15/20 years. It was never going to make any changes. 

Maybe there isn't any more racism that there was previously, but now folk are reporting it rather than just ignoring it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Love thy neighbour highlighted the bigotry in the U.K. It should be shown regularly now as it’s just as relevant as it was then.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/love_thy_neighbour/

Same as love thy neighbour, the butt of the joke was the racist thicko, much stronger way of showing up racists than someone taking the knee for Floyd… then claiming it wasn’t for Floyd, to save face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Same as love thy neighbour, the butt of the joke was the racist thicko, much stronger way of showing up racists than someone taking the knee for Floyd… then claiming it wasn’t for Floyd, to save face. 

Add to that, Till death us do part. A bigoted bloke being shown up by his daughter and son in law (Tony Booth, father of Cherie Booth) 

Amazes me that people quote these two programmes as proof of 70’s racism. People who have never seen either have no idea how both programmes changed peoples attitudes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

not at all, like I've said quite a few times on here I don't watch Sky or any other football due to political shite being rammed down folks throats.  If you like it that's fine, I personally think football is a leisure thing,not a platform to brainwash and influence the weak minded.

Do you avoid reading newspapers (and apparently watching the BBC)? Yet more platforms for influencing the weak minded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.