Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fan Zone

L/H White

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

There have been a couple of “Madri Express Bar” signs appeared in NSL but no idea when it’s coming in. Maybe a return of beer vouchers 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

They've a few little stalls in the ESL with the full from the bottom pumps, is it not them?

On 21/08/2022 at 22:04, gonzo said:

Certainly gone for it this Madri lot havent they. Its all over the shop now.

Who owns it?

I was curious and searched this a couple of days ago. It's a collaboration  between Molson Coors and La Sagra who are a Madrid based brewer. It didn't exist before lockdown apparently and is brewed in the UK by Coors. 

I haven't tried it yet but it must have  something about it to have conquered  the world so quickly. 

37 minutes ago, tkonion said:

I was curious and searched this a couple of days ago. It's a collaboration  between Molson Coors and La Sagra who are a Madrid based brewer. It didn't exist before lockdown apparently and is brewed in the UK by Coors. 

I haven't tried it yet but it must have  something about it to have conquered  the world so quickly. 

The power of marketing. I even think the Madrid link is a bit of a blag to give it some sort of Spanish credibility given there’s not a chance it’ll be available over there. More than drinkable though tbf. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The power of marketing. I even think the Madrid link is a bit of a blag to give it some sort of Spanish credibility given there’s not a chance it’ll be available over there. More than drinkable though tbf. 

I'm still convinced 90% of lager tastes absolutely identical and nobody could tell the difference bar the colour and the branding!

51 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm still convinced 90% of lager tastes absolutely identical and nobody could tell the difference bar the colour and the branding!

I used to be fairly confident I could tell the difference. Would still fancy my chances on a few of them. Much a prefer decent Pilsner where possible though. 

49 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Isn't it just Molson-Coors pitch at the 'classier lager' brand market such as Stella Artois and Peroni?

Pretty much

51 minutes ago, Naytch said:

Is the Fan Zone open tonight?

Fan Zone

The Fan Zone, situated near the Nat Lofthouse statue, will be open for home supporters from 5pm with a variety of drink and food offerings available.

The build-up to the game on Sky Sports will be shown live on the big screens from 7pm.

The Fan Zone will not be open post-match.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/aston-villa-h-supporter-match-pack/