Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fan Zone

L/H White

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I looked out of window in pub up Horwich today and thought fucking hell this is going to be a test of it. Glad it's still pulling numbers 

Weather was weird today

Absolute downpour about 225 as we dropped down from COR to CNR

Was dry on CNR

• 10 months later...
23 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

There were longer queues yesterday than I've seen for ages before two.

Two steward were talking, they said they had full the quota in, and a queue to get in. Which I can confirm, as I'd been in it.

Went in there for the first time yesterday they had run out of quite a bit of food, managed to get seekh kebab, was ok, only queued 2 minutes for a beer however no real ale on the pumps, but 2 lagers, overall would say it’s a decent job of a fan zone. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Was in NamPloy around 1.00 and had a couple of beers and pizza with Salt and Pepper chips. Avoid the S&P chips, they used slices of salad peppers rather than chilli peppers. Drinks available as table service but it’s often quicker to go to the bar (and also beneficial to the restaurant as in effect, it takes away the waiting staff)

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Was in NamPloy around 1.00 and had a couple of beers and pizza with Salt and Pepper chips. Avoid the S&P chips, they used slices of salad peppers rather than chilli peppers. Drinks available as table service but it’s often quicker to go to the bar (and also beneficial to the restaurant as in effect, it takes away the waiting staff)

Namploys my local for now until Barnstormers reopens which is at the end of my road and they're taking so long on it. The BID group from Westhoughton own it and are doing it up slow time. I did the asbestos refurbishment survey on it 2 years last month as they were starting on it. The guy who hosted me from BID was telling me to watch this space as going to be a great place with street food stalls outside etc. Might be ready for start of next season rate they're going at it, looked like they'd employed a local builder who was doing it between his other jobs. 

Dee who runs Namploy has the Crofters at Bradshaw too so knows how to get people in. Been getting more and more popular each game. We were in for 1/4 to 1 managed to get a seat pretty close to the bar. The outside bar thing helps when the queues larger inside didn't seem as big as a queue as last season at the bar as they had up to 5 working at times yesterday and the outside bar also has a few takeaway dishes if you fancy a walkout with food. Had a few ex players in last season  on the odd night and Dapo was in with his agent one Saturday when I was having a meal with the gfriend. He was still dressed in club tracksuit, he'd scored the winner that day and his agent was doing all the talking probably the deal to move on chat thinking about it. Good vibe to the place and Dee once he knows you remembers you and always happy to see you which adds to it. Stumbled out of there a few times well after the food lot have left on a Saturday night with him giving us a few free drinks for the road. Have singer on weekends who wanderers about round the tables along with the magician guy. 

Think good thing that Dee has done is he's upped the ante around the ground and he was telling me how Harvester manager had been sniffing round what he was doing and they've upped their game now with their outside bit. The ground  has become a decent area with a few options for match day comparing it to a couple of years ago when there was absolutely jack shit happening around the place. Only thing we've not got is the weather but hey we're used to that.