Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PA / Tannoy

Ani

That needs fixing ! 

Think it might affect safety certificate as if there was an emergency people would not have a clue.

In ESL people were just clapping announcements even though could not hear what was being said. 

27 minutes ago, Ani said:

That needs fixing ! 

Think it might affect safety certificate as if there was an emergency people would not have a clue.

In ESL people were just clapping announcements even though could not hear what was being said. 

Emergency PA will be on a different system so no worries on that front. Usually loud and clear in the Wilbraham End and was fine for the minute’s applause but was a struggle to hear the subs

52 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Emergency PA will be on a different system so no worries on that front. Usually loud and clear in the Wilbraham End and was fine for the minute’s applause but was a struggle to hear the subs

This might sound stupid so why not use that then ? 

Usually fine in ESL, assume they announced crowd near end of game, but just noise. Only knew what the applause pre match was for because on picture on score board. 

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

This might sound stupid so why not use that then ? 

Usually fine in ESL, assume they announced crowd near end of game, but just noise. Only knew what the applause pre match was for because on picture on score board. 

It will be controlled from within the control room so not really practical for just general announcements

Heard the crowd fairly clearly now that you mention it (including announcing how many Wycombe fans) but not the subs 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Clear as over in the west upper.  

Yes, but they've not painted your walls.

Seriously PA has been shite for ages. I can't believe that in this day and age we have a bloke shouting the half time scores down a cardboard tube. That 'big screen' wants utiising more than showing adverts.

Edited by Francis Fogarty

14 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

... so if it's a new one does that mean it's 'brand new' ?

I'll get mi' coat.

No need for that, stick around. 

I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just having a pop at the undead. Do you see any upset Zombies around here? 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan