Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away End

L/H White

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

We don't usually lob them in upper do we?

We started it under Anderson but didn't continue it til today. It's exactly what we should be doing, isolate them & don't let them get behind their team.

I see Seff Weds have been given the whole end again, over 5k of them & less home fans in Crazy corner, even after the trouble from last year! It's wrong. The gap should be in the South Stand lower & keep them away from the home support, not the other way round!

4 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

We started it under Anderson but didn't continue it til today. It's exactly what we should be doing, isolate them & don't let them get behind their team.

I see Seff Weds have been given the whole end again, over 5k of them & less home fans in Crazy corner, even after the trouble from last year! It's wrong. The gap should be in the South Stand lower & keep them away from the home support, not the other way round!

Agree 100%
Even if if meant reducing Sheff Weds allocation to 4500 and create a gap in the South stand near Crazy Corner.

It’s a decision based on greed.

When we know the away following is going to be in the low hundreds I don't know why we don't just segregate them in to one block of seats in either the lower or upper. Usually when a following is so small it isn't going to have a significant hooligan element with it so the segregation just needs to be standard stuff. 

We registered 17,001 home fans yesterday. To fill East, West and North we'd need about 22,000 - so to be fair we're still a little way off that and parts of the South are not yet required. Not impossible that the day will come though - especially if this season gets the momentum for which we're all hoping.

7 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Are they going to charge everyone £8 on that car park but make all them customers walk the opposite way after the game?

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

They’ve already knocked around 1500 seats from the WSL nearest the away end. It’s fine when we’re attracting big clubs in Championship or Prem but apart from two, there’s just no need.

6 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Agree 100%
Even if if meant reducing Sheff Weds allocation to 4500 and create a gap in the South stand near Crazy Corner.

It’s a decision based on greed.

Less than 3 years since this club was saved from extinction 

We are accusing FV of greed 

Beggars belief 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not so sure about that you know. There was one (very short) spell in the first half where 400 Wycombe fans sounded like a couple of thousand because of the echo from the roof 

That's probably how they justify it to away fans.. I always feel it's a bit shit when they do that as a travelling fan. Sunderland being prime example, so far away from the action.

Reckon it saves on Stewards (They were trying to recruit them over the summer), as the away fans technically can't get anywhere, and easier to keep them in the stadium and away from issues. They also need a hell of a throw from there (and vice-versa) to be chucking bottles at each other. 

6 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Less than 3 years since this club was saved from extinction 

We are accusing FV of greed 

Beggars belief 

Gtf, of course it is!

They’d rather do away with crazy corner for the big games, whilst milking maximum wonga from the away allocation.

Love FV, but this type of decision is purely money motivated make no mistake.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Gtf, of course it is!

They’d rather do away with crazy corner for the big games, whilst milking maximum wonga from the away allocation.

Love FV, but this type of decision is money motivated make no mistake.

Yeah but not to go straight into FVs pockets I wouldn't have thought 

They've got to make money to run the club 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Gtf, of course it is!

Love FV, but this type of decision is money motivated make no mistake.

If they can fit everyone on that wants to come, then that's good commercial sense.

Club still has to be sustainable. 

If we were selling out each time, then that's different. 

7 hours ago, Underpants said:

Personally I prefer away supporters downstairs. It adds a bit of edge to both sets of supporter's when they can see the colour of their eyes.

Aye the obligatory gestures "let's carry this on outside" and the subsequent "let's get the fuck out of here" on full-time 

Edited by jayjayoghani

17 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Gtf, of course it is!

Love FV, but this type of decision is purely money motivated make no mistake.

As @Tonge moor green jackethas said it makes commercial sense - its about maximising revenue - it's not about greed 

Fact is whether Sheffield bring 4,500 ot 5,153 which is what they have been given its going to require virtually same police & stewarding manpower 

653 extra wednesday fans will put circa £20k into club coffers to cover policing costs

If it inconveniences a few hundred who call home the "crazy corner" for a one off game ( possibly two this season at most ) so be it 

This is about rebuilding and restoring the club - when and if  we ever start selling out the home sections you have a valid point and I would be in agreement with you about cutting visitor numbers if safety dictates it is necessary

Edited by Benny The Ball

42 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

As @Tonge moor green jackethas said it makes commercial sense - its about maximising revenue - it's not about greed 

Fact is whether Sheffield bring 4,500 ot 5,153 which is what they have been given its going to require virtually same police & stewarding manpower 

653 extra wednesday fans will put circa £20k into club coffers to cover policing costs

If it inconveniences a few hundred who call home the "crazy corner" for a one off game ( possibly two this season at most ) so be it 

This is about rebuilding and restoring the club - when and if  we ever start selling out the home sections you have a valid point and I would be in agreement with you about cutting visitor numbers if safety dictates it is necessary

In a similar vein, presumably we charged Wycombe fans more for tickets on Saturday than if they’d been downstairs