Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away End

L/H White

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

As @Tonge moor green jackethas said it makes commercial sense - its about maximising revenue - it's not about greed 

Fact is whether Sheffield bring 4,500 ot 5,153 which is what they have been given its going to require virtually same police & stewarding manpower 

653 extra wednesday fans will put circa £20k into club coffers to cover policing costs

If it inconveniences a few hundred who call home the "crazy corner" for a one off game ( possibly two this season at most ) so be it 

This is about rebuilding and restoring the club - when and if  we ever start selling out the home sections you have a valid point and I would be in agreement with you about cutting visitor numbers if safety dictates it is necessary

Is it an inconvenience once or twice, or is a change that has been made permanent ? ( I don't know, thats why I'm asking).

FWIW. I'm not sure of the business sense of ever pissing of your regular customers for a one-off sale.

I dont sit near that corner, so I've no dog in this fight, but I could understand some raw emotions if people are getting moved to accomodate away fans.

I assume if we drew United in the cup, then you would have no complaints giving 3/4 of the stadium to teh away team ? After all, they would probably pay more than we would.

Or is it only the Yobbish Crazy corner that should be treated in this way ?

• Moderators

sat in south stand twice I can think of

upper tier v Birmingham in the league - won 3-1, around 99/00

then some midweek league cup game v west ham around 05/06, think me and my mate were the only ones in there

6 hours ago, bolton in bedford said:

Hated being bunged in the upper tier at MK Dons, we’re good enough to beat anyone at home regardless of what atmosphere the opposing fans create.

I agree its a poor do to stick away fans in the gods if it isn't necessary.

Atmosphere created by away fans doesn't seem to impact the result, it certainly didn't do Sunderland much good! 

Over the years its infamously done us no good at all away from home, in comparison to the many wins we've had with relatively few of us there.  

I've done South Lower when it was pay on the day a few times for the 2 season I was at uni and didn't have a season ticket and didn't go into the ESL

Done north lower for Madrid as it was classed as singing stand or some shit. Absolute bollocks. Got given some blow up clapping things. Get to fuck. 

Been in East lower and east upper 99.9% of games over the last 25 years. 

2 games in West lower. Everton Cup game in January and that Bradford game when we'd opened one stand but ended up opening 3....ace. 

Not done South / West or North uppers and have no intention of trying. 

52 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Yes. The used tampon from the burden terrace bogs. 

Send me a S.A.E and it's yours. Congratulations. 

Cheers.
I never actually went in the ladies bogs at Burnden, but the stench of the blokes bogs will stay with me till my dying day.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Cheers.
I actually never went in the ladie bogs at Burnden, but the stench of the blokes bogs will stay with me till my dying day.

Neither did I. Did they even have any? 

As an 11 year old ankle deep in piss I still remember my older brother pointing out a jam rag at head height! 

Burnden Bogs were literally just a room blokes went to piss on a wall and come out with piss soaked footwear. 

40 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Neither did I. Did they even have any? 

As an 11 year old ankle deep in piss I still remember my older brother pointing out a jam rag at head height! 

Burnden Bogs were literally just a room blokes went to piss on a wall and come out with piss soaked footwear. 

The Lever end bogs were probably the worst.

If i remember rightly there was only one shitter in the ones closest to Manny Rd, it was always full to the brim well before kick off and eventually it would be overflowing with piss, puke,shit, and cig butts.

Like i said earlier, the stench was fucking unreal.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I've done all the stands but south upper was only because I had a wander round the ground on the Reebok open day to sit in your season ticket seats when it opened, got discovered by a steward and thrown out of West Upper.. surely I must be the first person thrown out of the ground?