Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BBC ends reading of Classified football results on Saturday afternoons 5Live

Benny The Ball

Think this is poor. I appreciate people get info from mobile devices now in a way that wasn't available in most of James Alexander Gordon's day but you can't be on your mobile if you're driving. 

As an aside Pat Murphy soon has what looks like an interesting book out about Sports Report - comes out in September

BBC Sports Report: A Celebration of the World’s Longest-Running Sports Radio Programme: Amazon.co.uk: Murphy, Pat: 9781472994226: Books

18 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Me neither really.

I don't watch MOTD either though. Seems the older I get the less interested in listening to the results at a set time. I've all night, and so many opportunities to find out the results.

That's me all over, sod everyone else, it's irrelevant unless it's the end of the season run in.

On 08/08/2022 at 16:01, paulhanley said:

Think this is poor. I appreciate people get info from mobile devices now in a way that wasn't available in most of James Alexander Gordon's day but you can't be on your mobile if you're driving. 

As an aside Pat Murphy soon has what looks like an interesting book out about Sports Report - comes out in September

BBC Sports Report: A Celebration of the World’s Longest-Running Sports Radio Programme: Amazon.co.uk: Murphy, Pat: 9781472994226: Books

Be  interesting in particular, to see how he references , if at all, Stuart Hall's contribution to the programme over many years ?  

53 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Be  interesting in particular, to see how he references , if at all, Stuart Hall's contribution to the programme over many years ?  

Yeah good point. It'll be good to read about some of the old characters of broadcasting like Peter Jones, Bryon Butler etc. Plus some of the types who started big broadcasting careers elsewhere on Sports Report - Ian Darke, Jeff Stelling, Peter Brackley etc.

I have to say I found Hall's florid match summaries irritating. When he was at Bolton there was always a faux Lancashire lobbed in at some point.