Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth (A)

burnden

1 minute ago, Rizlar said:

Reality check for me I thought we would breeze this league but how wrong am IĀ 

For me IE changes the team too much we donā€™t have a settled side we miss Bod and Kachunga is awful ask any Huddersfield fan about him.

Santos as been poor this season and should be dropped as for the transfer window we need a striker which surprises me as at the start of the season I thought we had enough forwards how wrong am I.

Luckily enough itā€™s only a few games in so time to sort it out but it does need sorting and I agree with comments about us being weak we really are !

Just said this to mates. After our end to last season we were all thinking Jesus, who starts up top next time around?! Now Bod can't seem to get fit, Baka looks to have lost it, Dapo hasn't found form yet and Charles has been injured.

1 minute ago, tshape said:

Just said this to mates. After our end to last season we were all thinking Jesus, who starts up top next time around?! Now Bod can't seem to get fit, Baka looks to have lost it, Dapo hasn't found form yet and Charles has been injured.

Yeah thought no way will we have a blip like last season. If we're not careful we could be in middle of one already.

Itā€™s the same players making the same mistakesĀ 

its the same players who have little or zero affect on a gameĀ 

itā€™s the same players missing guilt edged chancesĀ 

you canā€™t keep making allowances for these things if you want to get anywhere more than where you finished last season.Ā 

and this isnā€™t just about the start to this season. The same issues where there last season too

Iā€™m not going to dig Kachunga out cos heā€™s no doubt trying his best. But there is no contribution to a game and you canā€™t carry players. Yes we have a decent number of forward players but who makes the difference? 1 or 2 of the 5 at best. We look blunt. Then that back 3 is always liable to offer up a goal.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s not a crisis. Far from it but thereā€™s fundamental issues that need to be addressed otherwise weā€™re going to see a season just like the last.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by barrycowdrill

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don't understand. I thought you agreed that we should get rid of whoever you think we should get rid of this week?

Who said get rid? That was you being the prick. Santos needs resting and Our forwards arenā€™t cutting it since the bright start. Be good to get a CH with experience and someone who hits the target but we donā€™t have the moneyĀ 

Evattā€™s fault today. Lee, Dempsey and Morley not the right decision. Especially with Kachunga ahead of them.

Iā€™m not sure we concede the first goal with Williams playing - Johnston doesnā€™t need to be that far forward.

He went shit or bust. It ended bust.

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Who said get rid? That was you being the prick. Santos needs resting and Our forwards arenā€™t cutting it since the bright start. Be good to get a CH with experience and someone who hits the target but we donā€™t have the moneyĀ 

Agree with that but also I think the problem is he can probably go out and get a no nonsense CH but he probably canā€™t get one who can play out from the back and as the pace to be left one on one but is less error prone than santos . Or do you we have a change of tact and play a back 4 and just ask defenders to defend ?

10 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Thatā€™s were we need to be smarter Sunderland always had the highest wage bill took them years to get out itā€™s not purely Ā down to the highest budget you can soon spend it on shitĀ 

Totally agree, Iā€™m not calling for us to have the biggest budget but tactics can only get us so far. With the increase in crowds and sponsorship money youā€™d like to think we could spend a bit more.Ā 

1 minute ago, Tommy9322 said:

Totally agree, Iā€™m not calling for us to have the biggest budget but tactics can only get us so far. With the increase in crowds and sponsorship money youā€™d like to think we could spend a bit more.Ā 

We are trying to build a sustainable business after being seconds away from being liquidated. I think the expenditure is just fine.

Nice and steady. Lets not panic ffs.

Sobering stuff just now and we'll have to manage our expectations. I still don't think we are strong enough defensively - been saying that since May. What's more concerning is that we've played six games, failed to score in three of them and scored from open play in only two of them.Ā 

Early days still. We need some activity on deadline day though.

1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

Play our strongest 11 in the next game pleaseĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Agree Agree Agree stop tinkering .

19 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Itā€™s the same players making the same mistakesĀ 

its the same players who have little or zero affect on a gameĀ 

itā€™s the same players missing guilt edged chancesĀ 

you canā€™t keep making allowances for these things if you want to get anywhere more than where you finished last season.Ā 

and this isnā€™t just about the start to this season. The same issues where there last season too

Iā€™m not going to dig Kachunga out cos heā€™s no doubt trying his best. But there is no contribution to a game and you canā€™t carry players. Yes we have a decent number of forward players but who makes the difference? 1 or 2 of the 5 at best. We look blunt. Then that back 3 is always liable to offer up a goal.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s not a crisis. Far from it but thereā€™s fundamental issues that need to be addressed otherwise weā€™re going to see a season just like the last.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Can't argue with that

11 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Nail on the head R2R, we donā€™t have the money to make quality signings unlike our major competitors. Canā€™t blame IE for that, heā€™s doing the best he can but heā€™s still shopping at the bargain shop. I think the chopping and changing is an indication of that, plenty quantity but little quality. Canā€™t see much happening before the end of the window so we just have to accept what we have Iā€™m afraid unless the board find something down the back of the sofa??