Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Aston Villa League Cup

gonzo

10 hours ago, little whitt said:

a lot will be thinking ill get it Sat when im up there 

Ticket Office will be Fucking  Mobbed sat 

Most games when I walk past the ticket office pre-KO I'm amazed how many folk are still queuing, not just a few dozen, but often a few hundred.  Zero chance of getting in for KO.  If you needed to get a ticket on the day wouldn't you turn up about an hour earlier to get it sorted?  No offence to anyone that has genuine reasons, it just surprises me.

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Most games when I walk past the ticket office pre-KO I'm amazed how many folk are still queuing, not just a few dozen, but often a few hundred.  Zero chance of getting in for KO.  If you needed to get a ticket on the day wouldn't you turn up about an hour earlier to get it sorted?  No offence to anyone that has genuine reasons, it just surprises me.

You’d be surprised how quickly the queue moves. They do tend to be the more awkward kind of purchases (moving STs etc) rather than necessarily a straightforward sale. Although the membership scheme certainly won’t have helped to push people online if they’re struggling. 

• Moderators

Didn't go but looking at the sheff weds highlights they had decent enough segregation between full esl and away end so expect same again Tuesday, so our end should be full and in tact in that corner?

18 minutes ago, Zico said:

Didn't go but looking at the sheff weds highlights they had decent enough segregation between full esl and away end so expect same again Tuesday, so our end should be full and in tact in that corner?

Wouldn't surprise me if we've given Villa slightly more tickets

On that topic though, it was odd that Wednesday left some of the upper tier unsold so obviously didn't go along with the selling arrangements

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Zico said:

Stuff got chucked again yesterday

Looked one way to me, us at them, but i might have missed something

5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Personally I think villa will come with a strong team and tear us one, on the ropes is stevie G 

Danny Ings and Coutinho were only subs on Saturday so they're possibly first names on team sheet.  Reserve striker is Cameron Archer who scored 7 in 20 for PNE last season; throw in any combo of Buendia, Watkins, Ramsay, McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Traore, Bailey in midfield and yes they could tear us a new one if we're not on our game defensively.