Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Aston Villa League Cup

gonzo

No goalie in the world would have saved the first. The 'penalty' was offside, a blind man on a galloping horse could see that, but not it appears, these fuckin' inept officials. To blame Dixon for all three goals is myopic to say the least. 

Just now, Offshore said:

No goalie in the world would have saved the first. The 'penalty' was offside, a blind man on a galloping horse could see that, but not it appears, these fuckin' inept officials. To blame Dixon for all three goals is myopic to say the least. 

That’s not true though. I reckon most decent goalkeepers save the first. Offside doesn’t excuse a subsequent foul - play to the whistle.

Maybe Evatt knows something about not playing a sub keeper when Trafford starts.

2 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Eh? Every keeper in the world would have saved the first. It's piss poor.

Pen fair enough.

Third is woeful. He's no idea where his goal is.

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Eh? Every keeper in the world would have saved the first. It's piss poor.

Pen fair enough.

Third is woeful. He's no idea where his goal is.

I think that's pretty much it.

A good goalkeeper deals with the first, the second is the kind of foul we see goalkeepers make every week so no real complaint there, and the third... is just really poor.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hang on, haven't we given a good account of ourselves and perhaps been unlucky with the first couple?

Doesn't seem like a bumming.

Oh I agree play like this every week and with Trafford in nets and we'll be more than OK.

More that at the time I could see our heads dropping and villa racking up the score.

We've done well since then despite my pessimism. 

18 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Very few professional keepers get beaten by that first. It was very poor, second was offside and he was played by Ings but for me not that at fault. Third was abysmal

He has also made a few decent saves though

Edited by CambridgeBWFC

I don't understand why he's been brought in vs a Prem team, he had to be replaced by Gilks first season, last season he messed up v Hartlepool when given a chance and tonight he's done this, that third goal was truly woeful.

Hard to see Trafford coming back for a third season, so we need him to stay fit and a new goalkeeper scouted for the future.

6 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Oh I agree play like this every week and with Trafford in nets and we'll be more than OK.

More that at the time I could see our heads dropping and villa racking up the score.

We've done well since then despite my pessimism. 

Don’t agree; we were piss poor second half. Reasonable performance first half but we will struggle to finish in a play off place unless we strengthen 

Disappointing result overall but a lot yp be positive about, asked questions in the first half and had a decent chance early in the second. But Villa massively upped their game in the second half and their quality came through. We gave a lot and were knackered at the end, shows the difference in fitness levels. 

Kieran Lee was our MOTM comfortably for me 

22 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Mate come on. You telling me he's not at fault for the third goal. Fuck off. Trafford would of caught that first one with one hand. Dixon is a useless cunt. This isn't the first example of this. First half of last season before we brought Trafford in he's was awful. 

3 minutes ago, Didledee said:

I don't understand why he's been brought in vs a Prem team, he had to be replaced by Gilks first season, last season he messed up v Hartlepool when given a chance and tonight he's done this, that third goal was truly woeful.

Hard to see Trafford coming back for a third season, so we need him to stay fit and a new goalkeeper scouted for the future.

Gilks replaced thst other stump, not Dixon