Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Aston Villa League Cup

gonzo

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Doesn't matter. I'm always over defensive of any player that wears a Bolton shirt. I feel the same about Kachunga and the stick he gets.

Im the same with Kachunga. I dont think hes as bad as folk make out.

Always gives 100% and is rapid. If hes our biggest problem we really dont have many.

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im the same with Kachunga. I dont think hes as bad as folk make out.

Always gives 100% and is rapid. If hes our biggest problem we really dont have many.

He’s very little end product, last 3 clubs played 140 odd games scored 6 goals…seems a nice fella but pinching a living the shit bastard. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

pinching a living the shit bastard. 

Bet you cheered when he scored against Salford. I'll never get my head around this level of hatred for a Bolton player. "Shit bastard". Deary me.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Of course… still a shit return from him… got talent little application…. Salford might be his next move, I’ll drive him anywhere he wants to go, free of charge.

You'll cheer again next time he scores too. "Little application"? He works his bollocks off whenever he's on the pitch. And he's wearing a Bolton shirt. Where does this level of hate come from? I really don't get it. It's like the couple of oddballs who sit behind me screaming "4-4-2!" and "shoot!" for 90 minutes. Even had one screaming at Bradley "Fuck off back to Liverpool!" after his miss against Sheffield Wednesday. So fucking weird.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

You'll cheer again next time he scores too. "Little application"? He works his bollocks off whenever he's on the pitch. And he's wearing a Bolton shirt. Where does this level of hate come from? I really don't get it. It's like the couple of oddballs who sit behind me screaming "4-4-2!" and "shoot!" for 90 minutes. Even had one screaming at Bradley "Fuck off back to Liverpool!" after his miss against Sheffield Wednesday. So fucking weird.

Did you call him out? I’d turn around* and chin him. You should too.

Definitely an advantage sitting on row Z 🤣

• Site Supporter

I personally think Kachunga has done ok this season. Granted, I was annoyed with him cutting in on his left early on in the 2nd half on Tuesday but his overall game was ok. He's more of a threat in the air than Baka too which considering their sizes, is strange.

For the first time in a while, I don't think we have anyone useless but if we need to move a striker on in order to strengthen, i'd rather it be Baka than Kachunga

30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I don’t hate him, he’s just not very good. He gets my support when he pulls on a white shirt… I’ve never booed a Bolton player. Just voicing an opinion on a fans forum.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t hate him, he’s just not very good.

You called him a 'shit bastard'. I just find it bizarre. The level of hatred. The way you express it. It's weird.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

He’s what late 20s had one good season in his career not a good goal return going off stats. Like you say not hated just imo a very bad move by IE and we’re reportedly paying 4k a week! that could go to better use

Reportedly? By who?

29 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I personally think Kachunga has done ok this season. Granted, I was annoyed with him cutting in on his left early on in the 2nd half on Tuesday but his overall game was ok. He's more of a threat in the air than Baka too which considering their sizes, is strange.

For the first time in a while, I don't think we have anyone useless but if we need to move a striker on in order to strengthen, i'd rather it be Baka than Kachunga

Baka scored 13 last season, Kachunga could only dream of getting that many… Kachunga has to be moved on before Baka. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Doesn't matter. I'm always over defensive of any player that wears a Bolton shirt. I feel the same about Kachunga and the stick he gets.

Its ok, you don't share IEs judgement of Dixon and that's fine 

I agree with Kachunga though, I'd have him behind Dapo, Charles and Bod but is plenty good enough as a 4th choice forward and a good option on the bench or to start when rotating 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Baka scored 13 last season, Kachunga could only dream of getting that many… Kachunga has to be moved on before Baka. 

Like you with Kachunga, I don't rate him very highly. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the guy but just think we could do better if we moved him on and got a replacement in.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Its ok, you don't share IEs judgement of Dixon and that's fine 

I agree with Kachunga though, I'd have him behind Dapo, Charles and Bod but is plenty good enough as a 4th choice forward and a good option on the bench or to start when rotating 

It's you that doesn't share IE's judgement, otherwise Dixon wouldn't have played on Tuesday night. 🤷‍♂️

Don't get the Kachunga hate either. It's very odd.

Puts a shift in, fit's into the system well, good link up play. May not be the greatest in front of goal but we've had many like that in our time here. Most of whom didn't work as hard as him but got less shit 🤷‍♂️

Just now, deane koontz said:

Don't get the Kachunga hate either. It's very odd.

Puts a shift in, fit's into the system well, good link up play. May not be the greatest in front of goal but we've had many like that in our time here. Most of whom didn't work as hard as him but got less shit 🤷‍♂️

Nobody hates him! He is technically good but does not produce anywhere near enough end product. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nobody hates him! He is technically good but does not produce anywhere near enough end product. 

Must just be the words you use then. Calling him a "Shit bastard" suggests a degree of dislike approaching hate. It's the "bastard" that tips it over the edge.

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree with that.  And that's not to pile in on the Kachunga debate, but we're struggling for goals from strikers currently, we know Baka has a decent track record and Kachunga doesn't.  When its pissing it down at Morecambe or Accrington and we're a goal down in the 80th minute which striker would you rather have feeding off the scraps in the box to sniff out a half chance.  Ideally neither are starters (if JDB and Charles are fit) but Baka off the bench when we need a goal.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I find it's blokes who have been parroting the same shit out for 30 years and can't see that we've changed our style of play. 

I was sat next to captain hindsight on Tuesday every misplaced pass or interception "who's that to... Should have gone to (whoever)".

Proper annoying as fuck. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's you that doesn't share IE's judgement, otherwise Dixon wouldn't have played on Tuesday night. 🤷‍♂️

To go back to the original point I wrote him off as our first choice keeper after Hartlepool following 6 months of not being particularly good

I believe he's getting courtesy cup games and unless Trafford gets injured or suspended he's not starting another first team game  

I don't even think he was shite the other night, but I saw nothing to suggest he's good enough for where we want to be 

His getting a game in the cup doesn't mean IE plans to pick him for the first team anytime soon 

I'm not saying he's shite, I don't think he's good enough as our first choice 

IE appears to be on the same page