Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Women presenters

Rizlar

42 minutes ago, DazBob said:

It's not something that's going to go away, so you're going to have to get used to it.

It's also really not worth getting worked up over.

You are right but it’s getting worse transfer centre this morning 2 women on the panel and then another 1 brought in to talk about City never even heard of her !

39 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Last night's Carabo Cup review had an over loud, over excited split arse leading it to. If you're going to do this ffs get some proper coaching.

Yeah I watched who was the presenter never seen her before either .

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

You are right but it’s getting worse transfer centre this morning 2 women on the panel and then another 1 brought in to talk about City never even heard of her !

if its that show with sokehol?  and smeeth?  you deserve all you get

its like dumbed down fucking love island

Just depends if they are any good a presenting. Some are and some aren't - same as blokes. 

I have to say the female football commentators like Vicki Sparks and Robyn Cowen are a throwback. They just commentate on the game in an undemonstrative way. No painfully pre-prepared lines, no irritating chumminess with the co-commentator and very few annoying tangents. The shrieking is kept to when goals are scored which is as it should be. People like Peter Drury, Sam Matterface and the like should take note.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Just depends if they are any good a presenting. Some are and some aren't - same as blokes. 

I have to say the female football commentators like Vicki Sparks and Robyn Cowen are a throwback. They just commentate on the game in an undemonstrative way. No painfully pre-prepared lines, no irritating chumminess with the co-commentator and very few annoying tangents. The shrieking is kept to when goals are scored which is as it should be. People like Peter Drury, Sam Matterface and the like should take note.

There's one bloke who does match of the day. Fucking hell, as soon as there's a remote bit of excitement his voice rules a couple of octaves, and the sentence always finishes with "errrrrrrrrrrrr" after the last word. Typically a player's name: "Kanerrrrrrrr". Does my swede in.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There's one bloke who does match of the day. Fucking hell, as soon as there's a remote bit of excitement his voice rules a couple of octaves, and the sentence always finishes with "errrrrrrrrrrrr" after the last word. Typically a player's name: "Kanerrrrrrrr". Does my swede in.

I can't watch Match of the Day. Bet I haven't seen it for seven or eight years. The whole thing does my swede in! 

There used to be a commentator who did the goals round up on Granada Soccer Night. His intonation on every sentence was EXACTLY the same. He start low pitched get progressively higher until he reached the point of a full stop or a comma. And then do the exact same thing in reverse. Does anyone else remember this?