Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Be interesting if anyone can be arsed looking back at our results since the gambling rumours were publicised. 

Things like that can affect focus in a club. 

Possible I suppose- I'm not convinced, but if true then a clear the air chat is required.

From what I've heard the John situation hasn't helped, but the player should be bigger than that if true.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Possible I suppose- I'm not convinced, but if true then a clear the air chat is required.

From what I've heard the John situation hasn't helped, but the player should be bigger than that if true.

What is the John situation? More than just a strop at being dropped?

Must be something as no way Iredale is that much in front of John as a wingback, if at all, for the minutes he has had. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

What is the John situation? More than just a strop at being dropped?

Must be something as no way Iredale is that much in front of John as a wingback, if at all, for the minutes he has had. 

It's known he had the strop, but also rumoured to have said he wants to leave.

Might explain his absence.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Black Sheep said:

By the way what actually is Brand Evatt ?

Go on I’ll play seeing as you think I’m a boring twat 😂

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are actually interested to hear  about how our manager likes to play.

In a sentence 

“I want us to be a possession-based attacking football team.”

If you wanted more, there’s been quite a lot written. Just a couple here 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12248975/ian-evatt-interview-blueprint-for-rebuilding-bolton-his-philosophies-long-term-visions-and-promotion-hopes

https://www.playmakerstats.com/news.php?id=338496

Couple of interesting videos that I've seen over the last couple of days. First Gary Neville talking about why he doesn't like 5-3-2 as a system (starting at 1 min 23 seconds)

And secondly an analysis of Arteta's time at Arsenal

Never realised Arteta finished 8th in his first two seasons at Arsenal. I think one of those he took over in November but still. And then they faltered in the race for Champions League football last season right at the end, but look at them now.

Both him and Evatt are in long term projects and have had rebuilding jobs to do. I think sometimes we can expect too much too soon. I get patience isn't always going to be the answer but I think Evatt has earned the right to be given patience and I think most fans would afford him that, but god forbid we finished 8th two seasons in a row.😂

On 06/11/2022 at 18:10, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's known he had the strop, but also rumoured to have said he wants to leave.

Might explain his absence.

He was approached by Wrexham as part of their "recruit 2 divisions above" strategy. He'd have improved his salary (I know 🙄) and been able to go all Welsh (though good luck to him finding a significant Welsh speaking community round here). Plus, obviously, easier opponents.

He asked to leave & was shown the duration of his contract.

He should be insulted in being asked to step down 2 divisions. But he's sulked. Well, for an acceptable fee, anyone can go. So it's up to Wrexham to offer that to us. Or him to knuckle down. There'll be plenty of form, format, injury & suspension opportunities for him to prove himself. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

He was approached by Wrexham as part of their "recruit 2 divisions above" strategy. He'd have improved his salary (I know 🙄) and been able to go all Welsh (though good luck to him finding a significant Welsh speaking community round here). Plus, obviously, easier opponents.

He asked to leave & was shown the duration of his contract.

He should be insulted in being asked to step down 2 divisions. But he's sulked. Well, for an acceptable fee, anyone can go. So it's up to Wrexham to offer that to us. Or him to knuckle down. There'll be plenty of form, format, injury & suspension opportunities for him to prove himself. 

Serious question : has he sulked?

On the odd occasion he's been given any game time, he has seemed as committed as ever.
He was our best player at FGR for much of the time he was on the field.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Isn't that against the rules?

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

On the odd occasion he's been given any game time, he has seemed as committed as ever.

Fair question. I dunno. It seems to be the prevailing view that he's thrown a strop or two.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Are you being serious ?

Yes. If a club is interested in a player contracted to another club, they have to approach the club first. Or does that not apply to non-League clubs? Genuine question.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Do you think in practice that actually happens?

I'm sure "tapping up" players happens all the time. It's still against the rules, as far as I'm aware. And surely if the club are aware of an illegal approach that has upset one of our players they'd report it?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'm sure "tapping up" players happens all the time. It's still against the rules, as far as I'm aware. And surely if the club are aware of an illegal approach that has upset one of our players they'd report it?

There were rumours that one or two players we signed were coming whilst they were still under contract, albeit a contract that was ending. 

Not sure the club would make such a big issue, especially if he was approached by an agent in an "unofficial" capacity. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

We can only go off the stories. 

I'm with you in that going forward he's the best in that position. 

Can't blame IE though if he is chucking his dummy out.