Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

11 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Speaking of Parky which I agree wholeheartedly about his limitations in football brand... Interestingly, where do you think us under Parky 16/17 would finish this season in League 1, with the squad we had ?

I think we'd have struggled to get into the top 6 

I think league 1 is way more challenging this time around. 

There was only really sheff utd with any class or consistency last time around. 

Screenshot-2023-01-29-at-21-20-12.png

I like doing these pointless predictions each year on here

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

Bit boring as it keeps the current top 6 but just in a different order. Wouldn't be surprised if Pbro or Wycombe snuck in instead of Barnsley but:

1. Sheffield - 9W, 8D, 2L. From their last 19 games

2. Plymouth - 8W, 5D, 5L. From their last 18 games.

3. Derby - 11W, 5D, 3L. From their last 19 games.

4. Ipswich - 9W, 5D, 4L. From their last 18 games.

5. Bolton - 10W, 4D, 3L. From our last 17 games.

6. Barnsley - 9W, 6D, 6L. From their last 21 games.

So even if we pretty much outperform most of the rest around us, it's gonna be extremely hard to get into those top 2 spots. Would need a big fall off from someone above us and for us to turn 3 dropped points results into wins. 

Don't know about you lot but I can't see us only losing 2 and drawing 3 out of 17.

I think winning 10 out of 17 is a generous prediction and would give us 2PPG. 34 points from 17.

12 hours ago, Mantra said:

Screenshot-2023-01-29-at-21-20-12.png

I like doing these pointless predictions each year on here

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

Bit boring as it keeps the current top 6 but just in a different order. Wouldn't be surprised if Pbro or Wycombe snuck in instead of Barnsley but:

1. Sheffield - 9W, 8D, 2L. From their last 19 games

2. Plymouth - 8W, 5D, 5L. From their last 18 games.

3. Derby - 11W, 5D, 3L. From their last 19 games.

4. Ipswich - 9W, 5D, 4L. From their last 18 games.

5. Bolton - 10W, 4D, 3L. From our last 17 games.

6. Barnsley - 9W, 6D, 6L. From their last 21 games.

So even if we pretty much outperform most of the rest around us, it's gonna be extremely hard to get into those top 2 spots. Would need a big fall off from someone above us and for us to turn 3 dropped points results into wins. 

Don't know about you lot but I can't see us only losing 2 and drawing 3 out of 17.

I think winning 10 out of 17 is a generous prediction and would give us 2PPG. 34 points from 17.

Ipswich in the playoffs would stir up some really strong memories...

12 hours ago, globaldiver said:

90 points puts us in the frame. We were superb yesterday.

If we can carry on that level of performance for 13/17 games as @Burndens Bogssays then we have a chance. But one too many performances  like Cheltenham or Derby away and it’ll be playoffs that we have to settle for.

Nowt wrong with that. Just a lottery, if we can get to Wembley I’ll back us to do the business with our style of play. But 2 legs vs Ipswich fills me with dread I won’t lie. 

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Need Derby to draw tonight and houraine get injured 

Them predictor tables are very well and gives you a rough indication but the top 5 all have cup commitments with possible more fixtures to come also games in hand

i don’t know other squad depth’s but as they say there will be twists & turns no doubt to come 

3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Them predictor tables are very well and gives you a rough indication but the top 5 all have cup commitments with possible more fixtures to come also games in hand

Apart from Plymouth, who strategically lost 5-1 to Grimsby in the first round, and who everyone seems to think will fall off

• Moderators

you can get 28/1 on us making the top 2 if you fancy it

have got £20 each way on Charles being top scorer at the start of the season at 20/1

list is currently:

• Jonson Clarke-Harris
    Peterborough United

Aaron Collins
    Bristol Rovers

Jevani Brown
    Exeter City

Conor Chaplin
    Ipswich Town

Sam Nombe
    Exeter City

Victor Adeboyejo
    Bolton Wanderers

Dion Charles
    Bolton Wanderers

he's still 20/1

1 hour ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

Big week for Sheff Weds. Plymouth at home, FAC replay away at Fleetwood midweek then Ipswich away on the Saturday.

Sheff Weds remind me too much of a Rotherham, Wigan of last season fortunately for them.

Not an exciting possession team, but are solid defensively, will go to tough away matches and will win 1-0 and have some quality players to win a game.

They'll go up for me

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Them predictor tables are very well and gives you a rough indication 

An indication of what? How do they work? Does Mantra go through all the fixtures and decide who’s going to win? Does a pre-programmed computer do the guessing? What is this prediction table telling me, that someone’s imagination of what might happen might happen? 
Football doesn’t work so results can be predicted otherwise Ladbrokes, Fred Done, Sky Bet, etc., would never make money.