Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

The greatest drawback with Evatt has occasionally been his remarks. At one time last season, when we were at our lowest, the words "best team in the league," "Crellin has to man up," and "compared our form to some Bible narrative" made me grimace and raised some questions. I can't really hold that against Evatt because his handling of the media compared to Keef is nearly flawless.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Sure someone on here said they don’t get Dempsey 

I didnt. I thought he was a bit crap and all huff and bluster. 

Like has been said by others he obviously needed a run of games in a stable midfield. 

Hes been absolutely brilliant over the past few games and is a proper captain in the making.

No point having a mind if you cant change it.

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not allowed round these parts, lad.

Pick an opinion and stick with it. The more stupid it starts to appear, the more entrenched you must become.

Them's the WW rules, I don't make them.

Hands up, I didn't rate Dempsey for a long while. Unfair I suppose, he hadn't really managed a run of games.

But he's made himself undroppable in the past few weeks, becoming the kind of all-action, lung-busting terrier in the middle we've not had for ages. Long may he continue.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I didnt. I thought he was a bit crap and all huff and bluster. 

Like has been said by others he obviously needed a run of games in a stable midfield. 

Hes been absolutely brilliant over the past few games and is a proper captain in the making.

I had him low down my list of midfield picks as he wasn't getting a run to prove himself

he is now

on the other hand, I have always had Lee as a must pick

others thought he couldn't handle playing regular or was past and not that good anymore

Morley / Dempsey / Lee all day long for me

I was also always right about John, miles better than anyone else who can/has played LWB, and those who disagreed with me included IE

so you know, folk get it wrong occasionally

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think its also valuable to have a fairly consistent midfield 3, like the back 3, as they get used to each other. Morley has grown and improved in his defensive work too.

The improved mobility and dynamism is self evident. 

...and a joy to watch.

When George comes back we'll have a bit more steel and passing as back up.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

...and a joy to watch.

When George comes back we'll have a bit more steel and passing as back up.

Indeed.

Still think GT will be a newer, more mobile MJ, but that in turn could allow the other midfielders to do a bit more of the Lee stuff as his career reaches its conclusion. 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

I had him low down my list of midfield picks as he wasn't getting a run to prove himself

he is now

on the other hand, I have always had Lee as a must pick

others thought he couldn't handle playing regular or was past and not that good anymore

Morley / Dempsey / Lee all day long for me

I was also always right about John, miles better than anyone else who can/has played LWB, and those who disagreed with me included IE

so you know, folk get it wrong occasionally

Zico to replace IE

• Moderators
6 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Sure someone on here said they don’t get Dempsey 

i was one of em

hes been great since

hes not performed like he has recently til now, which was disappointing as he came with a rep

hope he stays fit and keeps it up

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Was that not largely because he didn’t get a solid run? Both Dempsey and Morley were superb when they initially came in 12 months ago and would still be my preferred two.

I'd say that applies to all our midfield. It's been midfield bingo until recently.

1 hour ago, lobbypond said:

Tbf Demspey did next to nowt for 11 months.

Struggled with his fitness. Hoping Randell Williams can turn himself around quicker than that though. I like John when he's on form but hopefully Williams and him can have good competition for that spot.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Just have to hope Dempsey stays out of nick, big fine please your honour.

Or not guilty?

Remember someone went screeching all over twatter about this soon after the incident. 

Not the behaviour you'd expect from a potential victim before any possible trial.

Could be simply looking for a pay day.

I spoke to my brother, who has significant experience and knowledge of such things and he said that he thinks the defendants may have chosen to go to crown court (not magistrates), which will be a suggestion of their legal team, who he says will be all over it.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or not guilty?

Remember someone went screeching all over twatter about this soon after the incident. 

Not the behaviour you'd expect from a potential victim before any possible trial.

Could be simply looking for a pay day.

I spoke to my brother, who has significant experience and knowledge of such things and he said that he thinks the defendants may have chosen to go to crown court (not magistrates), which will be a suggestion of their legal team, who he says will be all over it.

Yes, almost certainly.