Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe

little whitt

52 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Aimson is just what you want as cover - solid, dependable pro.

Yes but I don’t think he sees himself as that. Wants to be playing week in week out 

he’s never going to displace Santos or Jones. So if not now (which I don’t think it will be btw, Jan wouldn’t surprise me) 

Edited by barrycowdrill

I’d completely understand if Aimson wants to move on. I know he’s spent a fair amount of his career in the NW, but he’s not from round here. 

He’s not going to take Rico’s place in the centre of a three, which is where he is best suited in our shape.

Toal will be expected to surpass him in the pecking order come the end of the season. Jones is much better suited on the right of a three, and now we have both Johnston and Iredale who can both fill in on the left of the three, whereas we didn’t have such depth last season.

I actually rate him very highly from a defensive perspective. Seems to be one of the fan’s scapegoats. Perhaps because he isn’t as good on the ball and our play slows down a bit when he’s in possession. Probably more because Bolton fans love to pick someone out. 🙄

Barely puts a foot wrong for me, and is a better goal threat than Santos. 

He is more than capable of finding somewhere to play regular football at this level IMO. I just hope all of this doesn’t come back to haunt me tomorrow night. 

One thing Saturday the number of times we cleared/passed the ball out of defence straight to a Vale player. Jones was a main culprit unfortunately 

Against Salford Aimson was spraying the ball about perfectly well . Think he's OK and gets better more he plays

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Still think there could be something afoot with Dion. No proof just a feeling, especially with Evatt’s comment about there definitely being movement in and out before the window shuts. I hope not and that he means loan moves for experience but I’m struggling to see who?

Saw a guy speaking to him outside the stadium before the Wycombe match, guy walked off and Dion went in. "Well hope you get over your injury soon".. Asked the guy what he meant and said that DC had a knock on his Quad, and would be out for about 3 weeks. I did post on here when it happened. 

4 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

One thing Saturday the number of times we cleared/passed the ball out of defence straight to a Vale player. Jones was a main culprit unfortunately 

Against Salford Aimson was spraying the ball about perfectly well . Think he's OK and gets better more he plays

I was thinking this.

Granted we were a man down and sitting tight on Saturday, and granted Salford are League 2, but I have no concerns with Aimson dropping into our usual system for tomorrow. I quite rate him. 

Watch him OG now I've said that 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Back from London and chomping at the bit for this one.

Please update me gents as I have been out of it for a few days. Anything to report on the rescinding of either of our recent red cards?

Thomassons appeal has been turned down I read this morning.  I don't think we can appeal Santos sending off as it was for two yellows, I could be wrong though.

59 minutes ago, tkonion said:

Thomassons appeal has been turned down I read this morning.  I don't think we can appeal Santos sending off as it was for two yellows, I could be wrong though.

You're quite right, yellows can't be rescinded.