Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe

little whitt

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Not a great performance IMO. Disjointed and laboured against a team without their main man

Good grind to a win though

Aimson, Johnston and Dempsey best players IMO and Bradley is crucial 

on we march, but not quite at our best stride and rhythm yet  

Did enough when it mattered, were struggling first half si switched Lee and Dempsey which opened them up and that spell lead to the goal.  

Second half I though we dictated the game for 90% of it, and just weren't committing so much to grab the second.

Aimson was superb, my main criticism of him previously was his constant attempts at Hollywood balls, tonight he organised the defence and kept his passing game short and simple. We didn't miss Santos at all.

Dempsey, Lee and morely ran the midfield, but dempsey is wasted out wide. Bradley will be key for us this season, absolute class. 

Dad bod, Baka and Dempsey notch their chances its a different story. Game should have been out of sight.

Great sign we are splitting hairs over a victory.

They came to spoil the game and plenty of other will do too. They posed zero threat at any point.

Charles would have given them much more to think about.

Onwards and Upwards, a wins a win.

Thought we played ok, Dempsey and Bradley were very good, as was Aimson bar one loose pass first half, JDB and Baka should both have scored headers.

Morecambe looked a trash side, it was only after Baka's bad miss did they start to look a little threatening, but that was only by set pieces and long ball stuff, only once in a while in the first half I thought maybe they could break the offside trap (like Zaha v Liverpool) but their final passes went through to Trafford or Obika was offside.

Referee should have booked that tackle on Dapo, not sure if it was a red for the tackle on Lee and he got in the way of the ball a few times second half.

• Site Supporter

After battling with 10 men Saturday and taking something from a game.

Today was another box ticked - beating a shit-house team we haven’t beat at home before.

It doesn’t really matter we weren’t at our best - it’s 3 points.

We made 5 changes and still won and still remain unbeaten - very very good signs.

Big shout outs for Aimson, Johnston, Dempsey (And Morley even though CDM isn’t his strength) Oh and how can we not mention Bradley, what a player.

6 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Officially they had one shot on target. The only thing I can think is the long kick out from the keeper that went through to Traf because other than that they had no shots. 

2nd half, they had a freekick whipped in that was headed just wide, then later on they had another one that they won but it was a tame header on target but was easy for Trafford to jump and collect.

Edited by Didledee

12 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes Charles definitely

kachunga simply doesn’t have it unfortunately 

Kachunga did ok first half, held it up ok, had decent energy and was pivotal in the goal. He won't be a regular starter though

Thought Bod wasn't quite up to speed for most of the first half,  bar his involvement in the goal. 

Ref was the cunt from the accy 7-1 we were thinking if anyone can confirm. He had more touches of the ball than their forward. 

Loads of changes but still looked comfortable for most of the game, never known squad depth like it. Still got sheehan and isgrove to come back, both played for B team today so close. 

Morecambe are dross though. Proper cloggers. 

Im not going Saturday so I'll put a tenner on whatever Zico says 5 bowt is

2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Kachunga did ok first half, held it up ok, had decent energy and was pivotal in the goal. He won't be a regular starter though

Thought Bod wasn't quite up to speed for most of the first half,  bar his involvement in the goal. 

Bod had some shocking first touches he seems a little of the pace, kachunga hides away for me 

You know with Bod after his first few touches whether he’s going to have a decent game. It either sticks or bobbles. Tonight was a bobble night 

Aimsons best game for us by a country mile. Not at our free flowing best but hard to be when you’re up against shit like that. Dempsey strongly involved first half an hour but faded. John needs to be more adventurous. Take a leaf out of Bradley’s book and go beyond the man with the ball. 

all in all important 3 points. Games you need to win if you plan on doing anything in this league 

Was hoping we'd whip these lot into next week. They where very limited, very poor and gave us zero threat.

We laboured on for a deserved one - baht. And i guess that's good enough, Dempsey n Lee seemed to get dragged quite wide often but with no real threat ie when Dapo cuts it and over. 

Their little number 10 looked like a terrier and someone that will score goals, especially in a better team than the dross he was surrounded by tonight

Connor B is special, not Just the goal but the all round game, the engine, the desire to get in the box....I'm sure if we played him and kachunga as strikers all year he'd score more than double than katcha, be one of them in five years when ya watching a champs league semi final ..."remember when he played for us"....

Ps. Derek Adams a cunt

• Moderators

Re kacha hiding..

Apart from when he creates the only goal?

Anyway, barring charles, all the big boys start on saturday

So, its well done will, have a sit down

Mj, dapo also straight back in

I also think iredale will come in for john

Funny tonight. Cos lots of calls to go forward, but i suspect evatt will think there wasnt enough patience

Def lessons to be learned, but no great concerns

All good, so far

• Moderators
1 minute ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Was hoping we'd whip these lot into next week. They where very limited, very poor and gave us zero threat.

We laboured on for a deserved one - baht. And i guess that's good enough, Dempsey n Lee seemed to get dragged quite wide often but with no real threat ie when Dapo cuts it and over. 

Their little number 10 looked like a terrier and someone that will score goals, especially in a better team than the dross he was surrounded by tonight

The 10s been around a bit now and he can play a bit

I think its a bit unfair to describe morecambe as shit

I think they do what they do very well

Batting well above their average