Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe

little whitt

After years of seeing shit teams Nick a winner in front of the away fans it was good to grind out a result.

Booing an injured player is a cunts trick. 

Evatt has said all along it is about the squad tonight proved why. Home for 11. 

Rotated squad against a defensive Morecambe side under that shithouse Adams... I did have my worries at kickoff. 

Thought we played really well, totally controlled the game for 85 minutes. Shame we hadn't put the game to bed before their little spell of set plays at the end, but we were never in any real trouble.

Aimson was excellent stepping in bar one suicide ball, I thought Morley stood out too. Bod a bit flat, but I'm picking holes. 

Good win, roll on Saturday. 

I'll just leave you with this little belter from Adams.

“I think the way we passed the ball and retained possession – and the chances we had in the game – we were unfortunate not to come away with a draw and maybe even a win.

33% possession = retained? 🤣 tosser

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I thought Morley was streets ahead our best attacker, was there a minute of the game he wasn't involved?  What an engine and football brain he has.  Agree Aimson our best defender, good player.

Dempsey flattered to deceive, very busy and involved, I was struggling to see much quality in the end product.  With having so much of the ball maybe we could have used Sadlier's better final ball/shooting.

Kachunga was poor aside from the goal, definitely a case of rotating the squad tonight (JDB poor as well but I'd have no problem with him starting virtually every game, he's quality).

Massive Morley fan but he was less effective in the main in that deeper role for me. I much prefer him further forward where he gets involved in more dangerous areas 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Massive Morley fan but he was less effective in the main in that deeper role for me. I much prefer him further forward where he gets involved in more dangerous areas 

Aye 

Guess if we're going to rotate we need proper cover for MJ

Important hard-working win after what we were put through on Saturday. Nice start to the season. The games keep coming thick and fast though so our squad is being seriously tested. 

Even the BW match report refers to Morecambe as a "bogey team". We've won 2 drawn 3 and lost 0 of our 5 games against them now. Remembering our late equalisers and the like I think we're their bogey team.

• Site Supporter

You know what’s coming when a team like Morecambe visit. Getting the 1st goal was always going to be important.

Apart from Delaney’s header he should have scored from, they didn’t really threaten.

Id have liked to have controlled possession a bit better in the last 10 mins but it’s all about getting points on the board at this stage. Good win

49 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye 

Guess if we're going to rotate we need proper cover for MJ

Can this Toal lad not play that role?

Like JD said Morely was wasted there.

Like has been echoed above the sqaud rotation is ace.

Remember last season in November when everything went tits up after losing Lee and half the team through injury and covid? ......not this time sunshine.

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

You know what’s coming when a team like Morecambe visit. Getting the 1st goal was always going to be important.

Apart from Delaney’s header he should have scored from, they didn’t really threaten.

Id have liked to have controlled possession a bit better in the last 10 mins but it’s all about getting points on the board at this stage. Good win

Last 10 mins was strange . 80mins played the ball about, last 10 Trafford booting it up field .

Plus we didn't run the ball into the corner. 

7 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Packed out in the ESU upper left corner, I can usually have a lie down over 4 seats when I get bored.

That's the best turnout I've ever known relative to the game.  If you told me in the mid 80s that we would be getting 17000 on in the third tier against Morecambe I'd have said you're on drugs.

Good atmosphere too, loads of fans in their early twenties, there's a proper feel good factor at the moment.

Long may it continue.

I agree, feels like we have something building here and the fans are 99% onside with it all which is rare.

Noticed last night and v Wycombe that it looks like ESU above the outlawed blocks has become the new place to be!

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I agree, feels like we have something building here and the fans are 99% onside with it all which is rare.

Noticed last night and v Wycombe that it looks like ESU above the outlawed blocks has become the new place to be!

We seem to have had a fairly large influx of yoof all dressed in black over in WSL since Hart's anti-customer stance. 

7 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Packed out in the ESU upper left corner, I can usually have a lie down over 4 seats when I get bored.

That's the best turnout I've ever known relative to the game.  If you told me in the mid 80s that we would be getting 17000 on in the third tier against Morecambe I'd have said you're on drugs.

Good atmosphere too, loads of fans in their early twenties, there's a proper feel good factor at the moment.

Long may it continue.

Great point, the crowd looked fantastic on ifollow.