Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe

little whitt

Aimson was excellent last night.  Dempsey very busy and always trying to make things happen. JDB looked a little rusty. Bradley is too good for this division.  He'll be loaned out to a Championship club next season at the very least ... hopefully us again.

Whilst the last 10 minutes was a little nervy, purely on the basis our lead was a slender one, it was fairly comfortable.  Not ideal, as Baka should've buried his header, but all in all a good win given we can play much, much better

Unbeaten after 4 games and just the 1 goal conceded.  That'll do me.

• Members
9 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

4 league games played, only 1 goal conceded, that'll do

You nailed what I was going to post except that I was going to add '8 points'. Very solid start.

Young Bradley looks like a very good player with a great future to me. Those two full backs at Liverpool should be looking over their shoulders.

Wish he was ours.

• Members
8 hours ago, Traf said:

"We were unfortunate not to come away with a draw and maybe even a win" - Delusional Derek Adams

In my experience it is always better to completely ignore dickheads like this. Just a WUM. Adams not Traf!!!

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not quite the shallacking that this lot deserved after last season’s shenanigan and a bit nervier than it needed to be, but good to get the win nonetheless and another clean sheet to boot.

Thought Morley took a while to get in to his slightly more restrained role but got better as things went on. Dempsey outstanding again, covered every blade of grass.

Dion will be on for about 35 goals this season with the number of times we’ve said “Charles scores there” in the last few games. 

Ha ha!  As much as we like what he brings to the team, we saw him miss plenty himself and go a number of games without looking like scoring.  Not a concern if we're picking up results but the number of shots on target by our strikers (Dapo, Kacha, JDB, Baka, Charles) this season could be counted on the fingers of one hand (well at least if you're from Blackburn).  Morley and Dempsey taking the initiative so far.

Their lot really don't like Evatt! Also seem to think we were the ones going down feigning injury whinging to ref etc. Totally deluded mind you if I watched that garbage every week maybe I wouldn't recognise a decent footballing side when I saw one!

Glad they are out of the way and hope they get flushed like the turd they are. Pretty certain I'd say they are very poor with nothing up front without Stockton. Anyway looking forward to two decent games now against sides who will actually play football. 

38 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Aimson was excellent last night.  Dempsey very busy and always trying to make things happen. JDB looked a little rusty. Bradley is too good for this division.  He'll be loaned out to a Championship club next season at the very least ... hopefully us again.

Whilst the last 10 minutes was a little nervy, purely on the basis our lead was a slender one, it was fairly comfortable.  Not ideal, as Baka should've buried his header, but all in all a good win given we can play much, much better

Unbeaten after 4 games and just the 1 goal conceded.  That'll do me.

Saved me typing all that up! Aimson had his best game EVER for us last night. Thought he was pure dogshit when we lost 3-0 at Fleetwood last season.

We showed progress as a team when they were throwing everything at us and we held firm. Great performance.

Sadlier… what’s going on there then? Thought he was 100% a starter last night.

10 hours ago, Traf said:

I wasn't too impressed with the injured lad getting booed, but I think if he doesn't get injured, he fouls Bradley from behind and gets a second yellow.

As for the game, we controlled it pretty much and it's only nervy at the end because JDB & Baka miss relatively routine headers. 

I'm still baffled as to what Kachunga is. He's not a striker or a midfielder, nor is he a winger.

Well put.  I praised his performance v Salford but last night was more the Kacha I'm used to from last season.  Clearly has "something" - a bit of pace, can turn and beat a man sometimes, occasional good goal - but like you, I just don't see what he's supposed to be.  Powderpuff last night, Morecambe must have been frustrated that every time they went near him with his back to goal he fell over, like he avoids physical contact.  It all seems half hearted and lacking conviction.  Use him as a sub when we are a goal up to inject some energy and pace to stretch the game against tired players.  But not to start league games for me.

• Members

The negatives. First half I was sat in front of a couple of moaning fuckers who delivered negativity for the entire first half.

Declan John the main target but also 'that Icelandic bloke up front is dogshit', 'what the fuck are we doing' when we were retaining possession, 'they're loafing around tonight - they aren't interested' all repeated over and over again.

Had to move at half time before an incident developed. We have always had 'em but FFS, if they can't be positive at this time of our season, what will the wrist slashing wankers do when we do have the odd inevitable bad result?

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As I noted last night, he was sat in Starbucks with Adam Senior about an hour before kick off. Both fully decked out in BWFC gear.

We both know there is no Starbucks on middlebrook.

Big shit going down here. Hes off to United via a giant owl.

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

We both know there is no Starbucks on middlebrook.

Big shit going down here. Hes off to United via a giant owl.

There is, it's next to the Cinema. I went watching that new Elvis film. What was the score by the way?

• Members
12 hours ago, kent_white said:

Also noticed their fans treated us to a rendition of "you're just a town full of Paki's" - something that I've not heard that since about 1992. 

Sooner they're flushed the better.

There was an incident on the row i sit on in IL3 last night , lad on the row in front called out a fella sat on our row for alledgedly making racist comments about gnahoua , got stewards involved and the fella was removed .