Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe

little whitt

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Sheehan & Isgrove both had 60 minutes for the B team at the weekend, which is good news.

Sheehan would have been a great option yesterday when we were struggling to break Morcambe down. Think he offers something a bit different to Lee/Dempsey/Morley.

There's more competition for places in this squad than I can remember for a very long time.

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

The negatives. First half I was sat in front of a couple of moaning fuckers who delivered negativity for the entire first half.

Declan John the main target but also 'that Icelandic bloke up front is dogshit', 'what the fuck are we doing' when we were retaining possession, 'they're loafing around tonight - they aren't interested' all repeated over and over again.

Had to move at half time before an incident developed. We have always had 'em but FFS, if they can't be positive at this time of our season, what will the wrist slashing wankers do when we do have the odd inevitable bad result?

you wernt in east lower il3 were you near the front, i had the same, husband and wife, what a pair of absolute fuckwits

• Members
1 hour ago, fester58 said:

you wernt in east lower il3 were you near the front, i had the same, husband and wife, what a pair of absolute fuckwits

Yes mate. H171 right behind a barrier which was a pain in the arse for the second half.

• The topic was unpinned
8 minutes ago, tomski said:

East upper quite corner is the new ESL. It’s getting lively. Used to be 8 of us in last section.

Noticed last season when they stopped selling near the screen that ESU suddenly became much busier towards that end with a noticeable number stood up all game 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Noticed last season when they stopped selling near the screen that ESU suddenly became much busier towards that end with a noticeable number stood up all game 

More people than seats. Have my eye on west/north corner and starting again.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, tomski said:

East upper quite corner is the new ESL. It’s getting lively. Used to be 8 of us in last section.

That's where I sit and it was rammed against Morecambe. Had to ask a few lads to sit down on occasions, which they did and had a laugh with them. If they start refusing then I can see some rows coming. I don't want to stand up at home, away games not bothered either way.

8 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

That's where I sit and it was rammed against Morecambe. Had to ask a few lads to sit down on occasions, which they did and had a laugh with them. If they start refusing then I can see some rows coming. I don't want to stand up at home, away games not bothered either way.

Was like a ghost town before agent Neil started work. It’s rammers now. Agree all the new crew so far so good. See how it pans out eh.

• Site Supporter

Could be a slight problem at Morecambe which stems from a winding up order at Worcester Warriors RUFC, a club purebred by Morecambe's owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/aug/17/worcesters-premiership-future-under-threat-after-winding-up-petition

Morecambe Facebook group seem worried but hope the owners will sell MFC to help shore up the Rugby club. 

• Site Supporter
On 17/08/2022 at 13:53, burnden said:

i didn't fella it was about 8 seats in from me i'm on the end of the row....can't answer for anyone else.

An article in the BN (Bradley's celebration) has a series of comments after it. 

The individual who reported the racism talks about it.