Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds

L/H White

8 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Man sent off last night, and the player that got subbed off to make the tactical changed booted off with the managerĀ 

2-1

Lovely to hearā€¦ nothing against Wednesday fans but the club flouted FFP for years and as such Iā€™m hoping anyone but them and Derby donā€™t go up.

• Members
1 hour ago, tomski said:

3-1

I remember a vital win against Wednesday that ended up 3-1. Alan Gowling to the fore.

I will go with Tomski's prediction. All just a case of history repeating.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Could be our biggest home crowd for years this, 17/18k home fans with 5k from Sheff Weds, 22/23,000+Ā 

Last night was the busiest I seen a Tuesday night in a long time. The feel good factor around the club is fantastic at the minuteĀ 

As Tuesday nights go, a very healthy crowd yesterdayĀ 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Traf said:

At the risk of being pedantic, there was never nearly 18k on last night.
Tickets/ST's sold yes, but bums on seats no.

you're probably right, but for me, it was telling that 18k minus morecambe - sth leaves a very healthy walk up

Same starting line up as against wycombe.

Or will he keep aimson in and Santos on the bench ?Ā  Ā You can bet s.weds will be working on how Santos got sent off.Ā  Ā Ooh bluff and double bluff , mr evatt seems to be good at that game.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Traf said:

Santos plays every League game he's available for.

as well as aimson played last night, he just cant do what santos does

Ā 

its not just that santos can hit passes nobody else can and will have the ball wherever he is on the pitch, the other cbs can go wandering as hes fantastic 1 v 1

39 minutes ago, Traf said:

At the risk of being pedantic, there was never nearly 18k on last night.
Tickets/ST's sold yes, but bums on seats no.

Can get ST holders not all being there yet due to holiday season.

But it just felt busy to me, was queuing up for ages with so many supporters last night, only just made kick off

Santos or Aimson ?Ā  I'm a huge Santos fan, he is the quicker of the 2 meaning he can recover quickly & also cover across the defence, & is better on the ball either dribbling or passing.........but...last night & v Salford & at Vale , Aimson has been our best defender, winning his tackles & headers, getting blocks in & anticipating danger. It would be really harsh to drop him.

Dunno, i'm glad it's not my decision. ( maybe horses for courses ? )

4 hours ago, desperado said:

As Tuesday nights go, a very healthy crowd yesterdayĀ 

Think I am right in saying that saturday should see the biggest crowd since FV took over.Ā 

Whilst we are never going to compete head to head with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday for numbers - they after all have huge swathes of South Yorkshire Derbyshire and Lincolnshire etc to draw support from , and dont have three massive premiership clubs on theirĀ  doorstep,Ā i am already encouraged by how well our support is improving year on year and in particular how it is holding up against those other North West clubs who currentlyĀ Ā plyĀ their trade in the championship.Ā  I know its only early days with just 2 home games played apiece , but if we can maintain the momentum on the pitchĀ there are some good reasons for optimism with our crowdsĀ 

Ā  Average Home Attendances Ā 
Ā  Ā  22/23 21/22
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
1 Burnley 18,919 19,299
2 Bolton 17,291 15,439
3 Preston 15,148 12,608
4 Blackburn 14,643 13,478
5 Wigan 12,626 10,397
6 Blackpool 11,175 12,104
7 StockportĀ  8,919 7,126
8 Tranmere 5,763 6,872
9 Morecambe 4,507 4,333
10 Rochdale 3,499 2,914
11 Fleetwood 3,112 3,228
12 Salford 2,420 2,152
13 Accrington 2,382 2,915

12 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Think I am right in saying that saturday should see the biggest crowd since FV took over.Ā 

Whilst we are never going to compete head to head with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday for numbers - they after all have huge swathes of South Yorkshire Derbyshire and Lincolnshire etc to draw support from , and dont have three massive premiership clubs on theirĀ  doorstep,Ā i am already encouraged by how well our support is improving year on year and in particular how it is holding up against those other North West clubs who currentlyĀ Ā plyĀ their trade in the championship.Ā  I know its only early days with just 2 home games played apiece , but if we can maintain the momentum on the pitchĀ there are some good reasons for optimism with our crowdsĀ 

Ā  Average Home Attendances Ā 
Ā  Ā  22/23 21/22
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
1 Burnley 18,919 19,299
2 Bolton 17,291 15,439
3 Preston 15,148 12,608
4 Blackburn 14,643 13,478
5 Wigan 12,626 10,397
6 Blackpool 11,175 12,104
7 StockportĀ  8,919 7,126
8 Tranmere 5,763 6,872
9 Morecambe 4,507 4,333
10 Rochdale 3,499 2,914
11 Fleetwood 3,112 3,228
12 Salford 2,420 2,152
13 Accrington 2,382 2,915

Great stats. We are simply the best supported in the North West outside of the 2 Liverpool and Manchester clubs.Ā 

Let's consider our average this season, with some larger gates(Saturday) family days and potentially promotion charge with around 18/18,500?

That average would be near 20,000 in the Championship, with considerably larger away followings on average.

Tremendous stuff.