Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds

L/H White

21 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Full of riff raff up top? 

Nah mate just full of people. It was picked as a nice empty spot. Get the atmosphere as we directly above crazy corner. Since Neil put membership on it’s got busier and busier to the point it’s the next crazy corner. No issues with anyone individual as such. I think stewards are  more excitable than what they once were. 

Despite Wednesdays seeming weakness on crosses so far, I’d still ignore that and start Dion and Dapo up top with Lee in the 10 role. I think with their pace and skill and hopefully Bradley continuing his improvement down the right, it’s the best way to open Wednesday up then if it’s not working we have Bod and Baka to come on later. Defensively Rico surely should be back in however well Aimson played the other night. No disrespect to them but we shouldn’t forget that it was only Morecambe we were playing and Wednesday will be a much stiffer task and I think Rico is a much better option. Will certainly be a cracking atmosphere and many of the Owls fans over here are nervous for the game. They’re concerned about the fitness of Smith who hasn’t featured yet and doesn’t look like making it tomorrow either so hopefully we can take advantage of that. 2-0 to the Wanderers for me.

• Members
26 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

we shouldn’t forget that it was only Morecambe we were playing and Wednesday will be a much stiffer task 

I get what you are saying mate but I'm not sure that you are correct. I think Wednesday will come and try to play football against us opening things up for us to an extent. The type of anti football Morecambe play is a pain to break down as we saw on Tuesday but we managed it.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Despite Wednesdays seeming weakness on crosses so far, I’d still ignore that and start Dion and Dapo up top with Lee in the 10 role. I think with their pace and skill and hopefully Bradley continuing his improvement down the right, it’s the best way to open Wednesday up then if it’s not working we have Bod and Baka to come on later. Defensively Rico surely should be back in however well Aimson played the other night. No disrespect to them but we shouldn’t forget that it was only Morecambe we were playing and Wednesday will be a much stiffer task and I think Rico is a much better option. Will certainly be a cracking atmosphere and many of the Owls fans over here are nervous for the game. They’re concerned about the fitness of Smith who hasn’t featured yet and doesn’t look like making it tomorrow either so hopefully we can take advantage of that. 2-0 to the Wanderers for me.

I am an admirer of Lee but the third body in midfield I think should be MJ. 
Bradley down the right and Iredale on the left. 
I think Dempsey and Morley are as close we have had for ages to 'proper' midfield players who get up and down. 
Santos has to start, but has to be careful he is not getting a reputation for being a player than can be wound up. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

I am an admirer of Lee but the third body in midfield I think should be MJ. 
Bradley down the right and Iredale on the left. 
I think Dempsey and Morley are as close we have had for ages to 'proper' midfield players who get up and down. 
Santos has to start, but has to be careful he is not getting a reputation for being a player than can be wound up. 

I’m a massive fan of Lee but against the better teams, MJ, Morley, & Dempsey should definitely be the middle three.

Dempsey’s performance was underrated on Tuesday imo, he ran his bollocks off and should have had an assist if Baka had got his header on target.

We have some proper good players when they are all fit.

Edited by Steejay

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’d blow a gasket if he picked Lee over Williams, Dempsey or Morley. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d blow a gasket if he picked Lee over Williams, Dempsey or Morley. 

Yep, but there’s some games where we won’t need an out and out DM and that’s when he’ll rest MJ. Like last Tuesday.

Edited by Steejay