Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds

L/H White

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

how bad does Santos have to be before he’s replaced. Too much chopping and changing with Evatt I’m afraid

2 seasons ago people wrote Santos off. Don’t be too quick to do it again. Yes he made a bad mistake, yes it wasn’t a great game for him and Aimson has stepped up well (albeit against inferior opposition) 

But Santos hasn’t been made captain and been our best/most consistent player for 2 seasons for nothing.

Chopping and changing - or to be more accurate, making use of a good/in-depth squad, is the way forward. Get used to it

Todays Santos misdemeanour and overall lack of concentration or whatever it was tells you exactly why he’s never a championship CB

The difference in ok - decent - good players is consistency. Doing the same things over and over at the same standard with very few mistakes 

he’s Bobby Moore to Bobby Davro in 2 minutes 

I thought we shaded it for half an hour,but after the Bradley miss & their goals, Sheffield saw the game out fairly comfortably. They're a good team who deserved to win on the day.

Not interested in scapegoating, Santos made a horrible mistake but was no better or worse than anyone else over the game......I thought Johnston had a decent game.

We were never going to win every game, so hopefully learn from our mistakes & move on.

1 hour ago, superkev said:

I agree. Doesn’t get the shit that santos does though. If Aimson was to replace anyone it would be jones and not santos

It wouldn't because Aimson couldn't play that RCB role at all well enough, all about creating overloads and carrying the ball into midfield drawing players out. Aimson as good as he was against Morecambe and can be as a traditional CB he's not got the attributes to do that job, Toal might but it'll be some time before we know that.

Personally I'd drop Santos for the next game right now, Evatt's ethos is about setting a standard then performances like that are simply unacceptable, not just the mistake the general attitude surrounding it was the issue and his malaise in his entire game. Should have been properly on it today to make up for his sending off and to prove a point with Aimson clearly staking a claim to start. 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Because he is a sad cunt WUM and probably one of the weird multiple personalities who seem to frequent boards. Stupidly I bit today 

Ha, prick, for what, calling Santos out for being a gormless cunt!  Like several others on here have too?

Edited by JimmyRiddle

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Don’t like saying this because I’ll get slated but said at Ipswich, our weak spot is Jones. 

He’ll play a role for sure but for me, certainly him and probably Santos have reached their ceiling. Upgrades probably needed to get over the promotion line.

They aren’t dreadful by any stretch but a little bit more quality is probably required. Can we afford it without a sale? Probably not.

Jones was our best player for large parts last season, easily good enough for this league and could make the step up. Had a poor start to this season and not got the relationship with Bradley quite right yet, but I am sure he will get back to his best soon

4 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Apart from Bannan, they are bang average. Apart from Santos wev'e played ok. We can still get this back.

From what I saw, every player they had was above average.  We all see it differently but they just looked better, as they did last season here.  Stronger, quicker of thought and knowing what to do with their possession.  Fair play to Wednesday, full deserved and that's the standard to aim for.

Edited by Johnnyrotten

2 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

The correlation between big home crowd and shit performance is extremely high.

The moment definitely seems to get to this team, it's a weakness we've had for a while now, where they don't seem to rise to the occasion.

Edited by meanderson93

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Ha, prick, for what, calling Santos out for being a gormless cunt! 

No it’s for only ever commenting on a match thread when there’s something to moan about.

Doyle, Evatt and now Santos. 

Where were you after Wycombe, or Salford or Morecambe?

In fact where have you ever been on a match thread when it’s been good?

You can’t deny, you love a moan and picking out individuals for criticism rather than celebrating when things are going well. 

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

No it’s for only ever commenting on a match thread when there’s something to moan about.

Doyle, Evatt and now Santos. 

Where were you after Wycombe, or Salford or Morecambe?

In fact where have you ever been on a match thread when it’s been good?

You can’t deny, you love a moan and picking out individuals for criticism rather than celebrating when things are going well. 

Just don't bite, he is a WUM or someone's alternative personality,  either way a sad as fuck way to spend your life. 

3 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

A bad day at the office and certainly a reality check but still 7th so not disastrous yet .

Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come against the better teams , we can't afford to replicate last season's return against the top 6 , not if we are hoping to be challenging. Hopefully with Charles fit we should see a lot more movement up top .

Its difficult to shake off the feeling that we don't beat the better teams.  Yes the odd exception (Sunderland) but we look short against the top 10 or so.  With 5 of the next 6 against Plymouth, Charlton, Pompey, Posh, MK Dons we'll know more by the end of September.  

I thought before the game there was a lot of over the top optimism bordering on arrogance given how little we've troubled the opposition keeper this season in league games never mind scored, and none of the strikers currently look like they have a goal in them.  As others have said a reality check as much for some of the over expectant fans as the team.  We move on and we'll continue to enjoy the season.