Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Charlton

desperado

32 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Official Car Park is £8 and will take you at least half an hour to get away if you leave at full time. Plenty use the Retail park for free, but there is a small risk of getting a parking fine (although I haven't heard of anyone actually getting one for at least a decade). No matter where you park, you'll be sat in traffic for a while after the match, unless you go shopping or something until it clears up.

Cheers for that. Yeah i heard about middlebrook as an option. Does it fill up faster there because its free?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, mark68745 said:

Cheers for that. Yeah i heard about middlebrook as an option. Does it fill up faster there because its free?

I use the Official Car Park so never really took much notice, but I'd imagine it does. Getting the train used to be the most enjoyable option, but I haven't used it for years since I had kids.

Edited by Cheese

Parking off one of the side streets near the training ground is what we have done for past 20 years.

15 min walk and then no real traffic.

Looking like a busy one tomorrow, double tickets on really available in the Upper/corners of the Upper tiers now.

Let's hope we can finally perform in front of a big crowd 🙏 

Edited by Lostock Whites

44 minutes ago, mark68745 said:

There will always be room on Middlebrook but, unless you're going to leg it to your car just before the final whistle, be prepared to sit in your car for an hour afterwards ... or have a mooch around the shops until the traffic clears.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, mark68745 said:

First timer heading up tomoz. Any suggestions on parking? Assuming it'll be busier than normal being the family day.

Tesco

As good as anywhere 

And free (so long as less than 3 hours)

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Tesco

As good as anywhere 

And free (so long as less than 3 hours)

As a retail park devotee, I did wonder what the craic was at Tesco. Went through a run of the European games parking on there without a problem then got a ticket the first time I parked there for a league game (that awful 1-0 win against Derby when Stelio scored in the 156th minute) 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As a retail park devotee, I did wonder what the craic was at Tesco. Went through a run of the European games parking on there without a problem then got a ticket the first time I parked there for a league game (that awful 1-0 win against Derby when Stelio scored in the 156th minute) 

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Last few times I've tried tesco, there's been no one taking any money. One time they had a couple of fellas in high viz pointing, and when I offered one some money he said pay the chap further down. OK I said and drove on- but there was no one to pay!

I've been parking there for as long as I can remember with no issues whatsoever other than waiting a while sometimes to get off after 

They do have some blokes at the bottom end who will take cash off you in return for parking but seems random and pointless 

The only time I've ever been fined was when I stayed on for more than three hours which was a fair cop 

4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I walk as a disclaimer...

But Retail park signs are 6.5 hours now so they can get fucked. 

Yes no issues at all on retail park other than a wild variation in exit time depending on where you have parked.

In fact it seems they have no beef at all with matchday parking and instead they concentrate on people using it as a park & ride for the train station (ironically it’s original purpose given the ‘Parkway’ title, just with a tiny car park) 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes no issues at all on retail park other than a wild variation in exit time depending on where you have parked.

In fact it seems they have no beef at all with matchday parking and instead they concentrate on people using it as a park & ride for the train station (ironically it’s original purpose given the ‘Parkway’ title, just with a tiny car park) 

And scoreline at 85 minutes.  Nightmare if we're 2 down and big crowd on (Sheff Wed).  Feels like betrayal to leave, I never ever left early at Burnden, but an extra 3 minutes of watching away fans celebrate for an extra half hour in traffic, only one winner.  

Bit off an odd one, but I've noticed that in our 7 matches so far this season, including Villa, we have conceded between the 34th-38th minute in 4 of them games.

- Ipswich Equaliser 38th min

- Sheff weds 2 goals,  36th and 38th min

- Aston Villa Equaliser, 36th min

- Plymouth opener 34th min

And even Santos got sent off against Port Vale in the 37th minute.

I'm going to be very nervous around that time tomorrow. 

Edited by Lostock Whites

18 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Some cheery folk on here. We're winning this. Charlton even got walloped when Alan Simonsen played for them.

Just before Christmas 1982. Simonsen was like a little boy lost at Burnden that day. 

... Charlton got their revenge big time on the last day of that season though.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, embankment said:

Tesco . Drive to the bottom end.pay £5 . It's worth it.

I got fined last season on a night match.

What do they do in terms of logging your payment? 

The car park is a camera that logs when you enter and leave as far as I'm aware 

So what is done to stop you getting a fine if you pay?

As riveting as the car park talk is,  let's get back to a nice win today whites.

I want to see football played the way we know we can and have done in patches, be good to Charles up top and not giving their centre halfs a second on the ball, love to see him grab a brace today.

To early to put beck in there ? Probably,  but fwiw my thinking is beck will be the starter and iredale will come into the back 3 at the expense of Johnston.

Coyw, dont fuk our weekend up